Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day

Hello!

Here's a hug to you, and best wishes too. I spent most of my day sitting in class...then a bit not getting to watch a chick-flick, but watched a fun episode of tv, when I wasn't on the phone with my brother, but that's ok. I would have been up far too late, considering the amount of sleep I got this weekend! I'll have to save the movie for another time.

The EDLYA retreat was great. I really enjoyed letting my hair down...teehee...and exploring multicultural ideas of worship etc. I generally get to see a lot of multicultural things around me daily, but that's just life! (Don't get to throw nearly enough snowballs at people around here, or go tobogganing nearly enough, so I'm glad we got to do some of that in southern Ontario this weekend.)

Tomorrow, if the weather and ice hold out, I'll be going skating on the Rideau Canal. Here's hoping we have a great time! I'll bring my camera, and then I can get some of the retreat photos off sooner than later too!

I hope your Valentines was great. I personally don't have a valentine, but I try to enjoy myself nonetheless! (Chocolate helps...teehee!)

I'll be back with more fun sometime soon!
Naomi

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated happy Valentine's day to you, too!

Wasn't it fun to toss a few snowballs about?

Trace K.

4:59 p.m., February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soo much more fun when there are cool people like you, medicine woman. muah!

5:57 p.m., February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a slight frustration of mine. Worship is always multicultural in Canadian churches as Canada has no distinct culture, but instead has a mosiac of cultures together. I am all for bringing in different styles of music which is generally what people meant when they say multicultural worship experience.

But, happy of the dayness to all.

9:05 p.m., February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bec...

There was more in the retreat than just including different music styles as part of being multicultural. Let me know if you'd like to hear more.

Trace K.

5:23 p.m., February 17, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Bec, Trace and Krysti

thanks for your wishes too! Ah, the ELDYA retreat. Such fun! Such great Hat swaping! I'm gonna have to blog on that I think!

3:56 p.m., February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home