Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An interesting drive last night.

Interesting in a good way. No accidents, no swerving to miss critters.

Yes. It rained a bunch in Southern Ontario yesterday. Then it stopped and left a lovely fog behind. I almost wondered if my brother Peter was traveling with me, the fog was so thick. (heehee). It was a thick, pea soup fog, which made seeing the lights on 6 interesting. (Or rather, difficult. The ones by the Wendy's at the top of the hill- nearly was upon them without seeing them or the cars stopped and waiting). I also wasn't able to see the dinosaurs that usually show up quite well. (They are big, don'tcha know?) I was a little worried that the drive would take FOREVERly long. I stopped after a while to refresh myself, though the fog had progressively lessened it wasn't gone by halfway home.

Then, I arrived at a town which is often a crossroads for my journeys and found the fog had lifted and there were stars visible! I was quite excited to see the stars, but was almost instantly surprised by the lightning. I drove with lightning to the North all the way home from there. Never more than a minute between strikes.

Also, the signs of spring, they are everywhere. It was sounding quite like a spring night, as the peepers and chirppers were out in earnest. I had to put the window down at one point to savour the sound!!

But crazy frogs- they decided they would try to play a 2011 version of frogger. They jumped and they jumped across the road. I don't recall squishing any, but other cars had been enforcing the "Game Over" for a few of them, along the way.

I did make it home safely, though. It's sometimes fun to have added excitement to your drive, when it's not of the dangerous kind.

Happy trails to you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

You do see odd animals on the road. Frogs, toads, pedestrians...

8:03 a.m., April 28, 2011  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Toads was supposed to be "turtles". I'm tired.

8:03 a.m., April 28, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always enjoy playing frogger--kind of gross when with real frogs though...
(ev)

11:18 a.m., May 03, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home