Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Fun happenings...

So yesterday I experianced my second earthquake. It was 4.5 on the Richter scale, which is of the magnitude that is often felt but rarely causes damage. We were just about to sit down to dessert around 8:40ish. After this, I had the song "I feel the earth move under my feet" running through my head for quite a while. (Went out to the movies to see 8 below--a very good movie-- shortly after this and told those with me...they were worried that I had this going through my head before the earthquake, and that I should always warn people when that song runs through my head...but it was in response to the earthquake, not before. Don't worry!)

Earlier today I watched the women's 5000m speedskating and tuned in just in time to watch our Canadian women's heats and watch them get Gold and Bronze. Hooray!!

Then just now Effie called and first thing she said was..."What do you do after you've caught your thumb in a mousetrap?" She then went on to explain that while cleaning/reorganizing the pantry she came across an unused mousetrap. She then went on to set it, but wasn't sure if she set it correctly so she touched it! Crazy girl. She said that she touched it just on the side because she wanted to be able to pull her hand away in time but "those things snap very fast!".

Quote of the day: courtesy of Effie--"My pantry is my happy place".

So... I think that about sums up the excitement of the past 24 hours. Talk to you all later!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um...Flynn's happy place is the place where she hurt her thumb? Anyone else having problems with this?

10:08 a.m., February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home