Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ah, winter

So. Winter is here. Canada and the US have been enjoying their fair share of chilly-ness. Today our temperature is rising above -18 C and we're getting more of that beautiful, fluffy white stuff- snow...to be followed by freezing rain, rain and more snow. What fun!

In ~1/2 an hour Bec will be in the air returning to Canada. I can't wait for a good long chat.

Peter and I had a fun weekend- and therefore, here's an ode to brothers:

Brothers
Help with many things:
Adding names to pre-named pets
Open up the spare 'oom
Keep you sane
Send you on wild goose chases
Teach you about Hockey
Find the bottom of the cookie bag/jar
Play in the snow
Choose a new lappy (not quite there yet)
Grocery shop
Try new and exciting foods/restaurants (Exploding baby food)
Play phone tag
Literary nudges (lending/sharing books)
Movie watching pals.

I miss my brothers! Thanks Peter for coming to visit this weekend!
To my sisters....you're up next!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come visit!

9:10 p.m., January 18, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I understand the 'exploding babyfood' bit

6:50 a.m., January 19, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I know my sister fed me toxic babyfood once.... but wrong family.

11:47 a.m., January 19, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had an enjoyable time with brothers. Are you planning to have a sister visit you soon?

4:49 p.m., January 19, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try the other brother for exploding baby food, Peter. Maybe that's where she's experienced that.

4:50 p.m., January 19, 2009  
Blogger Naomi said...

It's not all about you Peter- the ode was to brotherS

Who are you, anonymous? That sounds like a fun, if scary, story.

3ck- I'd love a sister visit- might be planning one in the near future.

Alex- gimme some dates and I'll get working on that

Stardust- you're right. He can explain that phenomenon.

Blogger appears to like my brothers too- my WV is chearr (!)

6:53 p.m., January 19, 2009  
Blogger Effie said...

loverly poem...I blogged...

my WV is unharrem...huh? The anti-harem? Not a bad thing, I think...

9:02 p.m., January 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home