Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Not, unable or just plain no

This week has been full of a lot of the above. I was playing babysitter (not the mama) this week, in a slightly different way than usual- had the overnight shift with the kids sleeping.

This weekend I tried to do errands. And not your normal, every day errands, these were special, once every couple of years or only a couple times a year sort of things. But, I'm in a new town. I don't know where everything is. And I didn't find what I was looking for yesterday, and gave up. Today, I tried something different, but in the same vein. No success. All the stores were closed on Sundays. Not a bad thing, having stores closed on Sundays, in fact, I quite like it. I just wasn't expecting it here. I was completely unable to do those two rare errands. Then I just got home, hoping to do some laundry (as I was all weekend, but have been running here and there looking for places that I could not find, etc) and the machine was in use. Unable to do laundry. (Good thing I went shopping with Fiona and found a couple of new shirts!)

We went for a stroll today in a park. That was nice. I was able to get a couple nature shots. The trees are being difficult though. I haven't really had the opportunity to take a nice fall picture. The leaves are either already down, not changed yet or faded (Or I'm driving and unable to get a good shot!). I've been enjoying the sights that I see, though I can't share them with you.

I hope this finds you well. I hope to be successful in my errands this week, and if all turns out well you may get a picture or two out of it all!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trees that don't want to pose, hmm? I guess trees have their good days and bad days, too!

4:36 p.m., October 08, 2008  
Blogger Naomi said...

Yes, they can't all be metal trees that always look the same.

7:21 p.m., October 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear "they" want to plant more metal trees (whoever "they" are).

5:43 p.m., October 09, 2008  
Blogger Effie said...

I have to disagree--I think your pumpkin pic in the previous post is a perfectly fall-esque picture!

I just realized that I'm wearing my sweater backwards (thanks for the sweater by the way, it's the mustard yellow one)

9:12 a.m., October 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home