Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, August 23, 2008

I don't really want to pack again

I know some of you know exactly what I mean.

This year I've packed many, many times. Packing to go places for 4 weeks or more at a time can be difficult. Seasons can change in that amount of time. I don't have enough clothes to last me that long, so I have to figure out how I can do laundry where ever I end up. (Point in fact- I don't know where I'm sleeping starting Tuesday night.)

I will be in PEI for 4 weeks. I'm looking forward to it, but am also unsure of a lot of things. I've been told over and over how lovely PEI is in September- so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Just don't know what sort of free time I'll have to enjoy getting out and about. We'll have to see.

I will be bringing my slowly retiring computer with me, in case there happens to be internet access where I stay. I hope so. 4 weeks is a long time to be internet-less.

My place is quickly looking like a home. Yup, just when I'm getting ready to leave. I've already lent out my plants, and will soon be loaning my fish (Mr Knightly) to a friend to watch and feed, so I don't have to try to transport him across an ocean. (Or just a bit of it).

I had my parents to visit last weekend. It was a nice visit. We went to Hopewell rocks, (pictures another time), the market, lots and lots of stores (in order to find chairs to match my dining room table--Mom and Dad- we did an amazing job!), and on Monday I golfed with Dad. Now, I must let you in on a secret. Having only golfed once before in my life, and that being a best ball game, it was interesting. The mosquitoes were much more successful than I was!

Mom and Dad are safely back in Ontario. At my cousin Joe's wedding, if all is going well. Happy wedding day Joe and Sarah! Rebecca made it out to BC. Hope all is well for you chicky! Peter is back in NS- hopefully I'll get to see him soon.

My little niece out in Manitoba is walking! Go little A, go! My little nieces in Hamilton are growing and changing. It's hard being far from home and visits. (Though my phone helps me visit people!!)

Anyone up for a chat??

1 Comments:

Blogger WILLIAM said...

When you are in PEI look up Nilbo...Effie knows him.

9:27 p.m., August 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home