Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How does that work?

I was traveling a lot this week. I just went home and came back, sorry for not seeing everyone and their brother, but I ran out of time.

Some interesting/strange things were seen while I drove to and from home. The first was a "yield to oncoming traffic" which was posted for both directions (around a water on the road piece of road). It was slightly exciting/interesting trying to decide who was to yield, but eventually we waded through the water and were off again. (We being myself and Atreyu.)

Next was the lemonade stand that I saw advertised. It's a bit early in the season, but I got excited anyway. The most exciting/interesting bit was it was advertised, on pink bristol board, as FREE lemonade. I'm not sure how that works. Does that mean the lemonade is free, but you have to pay for the brownie to go with it? The cup? The sugar? (I'm thinking in Lucy terms- Peanuts). I bet they don't make much on their venture.

I stopped at a rather large road-side icecream place for the last bit of fun of the journey. It was the milkshake I got today. "It's a little thick" she said as she handed it over to me. I don't think icecream in a cup with a straw in it is equal to a milkshake- but with tremendous willpower I was able to "drink" my milkshake while driving home. It meant I got to drink it for over an hour- and it was still nice and cold the whole way! (The blender didn't chop up the nuts either, so I had to open the lid and shake those out at the end- not while driving).

I also spotted a fox and her young cross the road in front of me. So cute!!

Speaking of cute- I was harassed into fiddling with some photos last week...here you go!

2 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

yes, yes, I harrassed you into it--but they're cute, aren't they?!

Thanks Na--safe travels!

8:36 a.m., May 21, 2008  
Blogger Naomi said...

In Halifax

They are cute- it helps to have such a cute niece to take pictures of! (And I have 2!)

Hope all is well with everyone!

7:50 a.m., May 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home