Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Feeling lonely

I'm feeling lonely on my blog. I know, you all keep saying you still read it, but it sure doesn't look that way when the comments don't appear.

Today was a bit of a lonely day too. Not too bad, as I got to chat with family and friends, but the house was empty, other than me, for a good 6-7 hours. (Dog was out getting cleaned up, house members were off shopping and doing fun errands). I was sitting, reading/studying.

The good news is that I'm nearly there. Not done studying, but the fact that my final exam is MONDAY is both good and bad. I'm more than a little excited/anxious. It will be a long day.

Yesterday was nice, my last class went well, if not being exciting/interesting. I was able to get some studying done yesterday, and then enjoy dinner with a fun group. I was even able to speak some German, but no one but Bec heard me.

I should get back at the books/lectures. Hope to somehow know that you're with me on this blog-land journey! (Not so subtle nudge to COMMENT!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Tim Kuehn said...

Well, I'm still here, still reading the posts, and following along as you go through school and all that stuff.

I can relate to the "where's the comments" as I don't get much response to my blog, but on the other hand I don't really post it for the response but to help clarify my thoughts on what-have-you and get it out there.

Writing helps relive the experience, and clarify the experience. It also helps remember what you did later on.

I know this may not help with the "lonely" feeling, but I hope it gives you a different, constructive perspective to look at this with.

Take care!

10:52 p.m., April 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being stuck studying for something that you're not sure what it'll be like doesn't help with loneliness. When you're free to enjoy a weekend, you can call friends, go out, see a show, make fancy foods you haven't had for a while, etc., but when you're studying, everyone of those things gets tainted by that little voice in the back of your head, "you should really be studying".

Anyway, you're almost there--you've made it through every hoop they've thrown at you for the last 4 years, including traveling the world for work and interviews (and concerts with Bono). I'll be praying for you to think clearly, to have the energy to keep 'running' (studying) down the home-stretch, and to have peace.

(I remember that you told me to post about something silly we were chatting about, but I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was... My best time to finish 'Another World'/'Out of this World' by Eric Chahi is 10:57 from splash down in the water to arriving on the roof. I need to find me some hobbies now that my crunch has mainly ended...)

7:45 a.m., April 27, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the Vineland Kuhl's:
Wow! You're down to your last exam that is amazing and exciting. I can't believe you're almost done. Closing one door and opening another is always a scary and exciting time!
We're enjoying a sunny day today and had the pleasure of hiking yesterday in nice weather too.
You wanted something to laugh about.....I'm leaving the room after someone (not I) passed some stinky gas! My life with boys!! TAke care and God bless. We'll be praying for you as you write your final exam.

7:00 p.m., April 27, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Hope the exam went well. Hope you like what I sent (mwhahaha). Travel safely and sing loud. LOVE!

11:53 a.m., April 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... it's monday afternoon. Does that mean the exam is done now. Wow. It's amazing that all the studies and courses are behind you now. Hope you have an enjoyable break after the exam

5:27 p.m., April 28, 2008  
Blogger Effie said...

hope your flight goes/went well this morning dahling!

Have fun in that winter-wonderland they call Manitoba!

Hugs!

8:31 a.m., April 29, 2008  
Blogger Naomi said...

Hello All!

Thank you for your well wishes. I am now in Manitoba- no snow. Grass is greening.

I made it through the studying and the test.

More later when I don't have a little girl in my lap making life interesting!!

yttrtr5 nb ;.le ,,m i90A;L

5:10 p.m., April 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home