Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fool's!

Now I suppose you're expecting something funny. Well, if it was going to be funny, then I just spoiled it. Sorry.

Now, when I was little, April Fool's day seemed a big deal. I never seemed able to pull off jokes though. My 4 older siblings never fell for them, and I don't think my younger sister did either. Maybe I'm just not meant to be a jokester.

Some of the fun jokes I've heard about or that have been attempted on me:
Web pages backwards
Penny no longer legal tender as of Friday at 5pm
Every Flavour beans in place of j elly b elly beans.

Not many others are coming to mind. Mine were generally lame- this am I tried to say we were getting more snow...not a happy thought for all of us who got dumped on. I mean, the snow is melting, daily, but we still have a lot of it!

Any fun jokes you care to share? (Please, no playing any here!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

10:11 p.m., April 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I somehow think there should be more syllables in the last line there... Too bad you can't just rewrite other people's poems when you aren't fully satisfied with them, hey?

I didn't do too much this year--when I got coffee for people, I got it black (though I did bring their cream and sugar, too--I just made them panic for a moment or two--someone said I should have gotten decaf...), put a Heath bar in a Skor wrapper for someone who likes Heath bars and thinks that Skor is really different, and made a website go backwards. Though I cheated for the last one--I wrote a program to reverse all of the letters in all the words.

7:30 a.m., April 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry don't know jabberwocky. mmm, not much april foolishness happening here, but i did have a coworker who thought it was tuesday on wednesday... hmmm.

6:15 p.m., April 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete, if you pronounce mome "moh-may" it works.

10:43 p.m., April 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home