Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, May 01, 2008

From a mostly flat province

Which one? Did you make a guess?

Oh, alright. I'll fill you in. I'm in Manitoba!! I saw some of the hills here with my very own eyes!!

Some of the things I've been thinking about lately:

(Airport/airline musings)
If I don't watch the new guy tag my luggage fully, will it really travel with me to Winnipeg? (It did)
Whew! I'm glad my nail-clippers (stored in my purse) are not weapons' grade.
Um, why are we heading back towards the gate? We haven't gone anywhere yet.
Delayed, again!
Do they really put airplanes out to pasture?
Once in the air, I tried to fall asleep, but couldn't. I watched a movie instead. (Thought the wonderful music in it would lull me to sleep, but I was wrong!)

Alex and Kelly and little girl were awaiting me. Then we hopped into the car and drove to Brandon. (Not the most interesting drive in the world!) Church service there, lunch at the Parthenon, shopping with Kelly, back to Alex. Then off to Holland, saw a big windmill with fake tulips, an amazing art show, then drove through windmill fields, hills and dales back to A & K's.

Yesterday was a good day too. Many er, um, exciting moments with little girl. She's happier today already!

Happy Ascension day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

wow--and here, I thought you only went cross country--not into a different continent (Holland, haha)

Glad you eventually made it there! What was the movie?

12:24 p.m., May 01, 2008  
Blogger Tim Kuehn said...

Mostly flat province?

when I rode through that part of Canada last summer - it was everything east of BC through Ontario....

Enjoy your visit!

6:41 p.m., May 01, 2008  
Blogger Kelly Klages said...

Oddly enough, the restaurant called The Parthenon had no Greek food on the menu. We had a pizza buffet.

3:17 a.m., May 03, 2008  
Blogger Naomi said...

Effie- movie was August rush. You should rent it sometime!
Hehe... The Parthenon had good pizza though!

Are you saying that the central-western provinces are all flat?!?

12:45 p.m., May 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home