Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pixies

Or something has been interfering with my laundry. Yesterday I managed to get my laundry done, and somehow the drier (fed money regularly at the 1 hr point) decided it wasn't so hungry and gave me 2hr for the price of one. Then later on, as the time drew near to laundry room lock down, I had the urge to go grab my laundry, though the drier was not yet at 1hr. I pushed the thought aside and ten minutes later set out. The laundry room was locked, drier still going, and my laundry held captive til 8am this morning when I rescued it.

Today after church I came home and decided to be a lazy oaf. I guess I haven't been entirely lazy as I have unpacked winter stuff and started packing for PEI, made myself a substantial dinner and unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher and have done some dishes otherwise. I also have been trying to empty out my fridge so I don't come home to a scary, scary sight in four weeks. (Mmmm using up icecream~ milkshake anyone?) Speaking of scary sights- while unpacking my winter stuff I came across a bag. I thought nothing of it, maybe it was my skates. I looked in and there was this matted-looking black furry creature. I almost screamed. What could it be? I don't own a fur coat or shawl...I was almost too scared to put my hand in the bag. I did, it was just my fake furry boots, squashed beyond recognition. I took them out of the bag before plunking them in the closet. I didn't want to go through that again!!

It's a lovely day, but I'm not outside. (I think that's why I feel the oaf-ness still applies).
What would you do if you had blue skies, 25-30 C temps and were scared of more mosquito bites??

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy bugspray. And then dance.

7:54 p.m., August 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have very prompt laundry room patrols... I agree with bec. Bug spray to scare the bugs away and then you could dance, or be an oaf outside!

11:12 a.m., August 25, 2008  
Blogger Naomi said...

And no bug spray?

Oh, I'll fill you in...I was an oaf. Today however, I'm getting things finalized and then heading out for supper...mmm! BBQ!

3:03 p.m., August 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home