Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy Epiphany and New Year!

Hello everyone! It appears that I manged to not blog during the entire season of Christmas. I am sorry for that, though I did help effie with a blog mid Christmas. I will attempt to be a little more forthcoming with blogs this 2009. (No promises made or implied!)

I had a wonderful Christmas, getting to celebrate here with Church family and then at home with family. They even waited the opening of most presents until I got there! One fun addition was the web cam for mom and dad. It's fun to use....and I might end up getting one for me.

The time flew- I had fun with family at big and small celebrations, had a fun party with Bec, Mel, Ashley and Terra (and partially Deb) and then spent New Years' Eve with effie and family and my brother Peter. I will get photos up, but not today!

Since I've been back I've been mostly sleeping and working. I have a couple of days off, so I'm going to try to get my place in order. I took down the Christmas Wreath off of the door and moved the Wise men into the two nativity scenes I have.

Oh, yeah, I was going to do a list...things that I got for Christmas
10 pairs of socks
9 Christmas (tree) ornaments (which ended up around the apt on things)
8 Edible gifts
7 Pictures of kiddies
6 boxes filled with nativity set items
5 books
4 pairs of earrings
3 household items
2 movies
2 containers of tea
1 cowboy hat shaped air-freshener
and 1 guitar praise! (woohoo)

Thanks everyone for everything- your wishes, the wonderful presents (there were a few more too- fun ones as well), the time I got to spend with you (in person or on the phone) and your prayers.

I miss you! Drop me a line sometime!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Epiphany! (Can I say that?) Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas season!

4:54 p.m., January 06, 2009  
Blogger Tim Kuehn said...

Glad to read your Christmas went so well. If you do get a webcam, look into http://skype.com - it's been a great change from the standard phone calls.

Wishing you all the Lord's best in 2009!

12:35 p.m., January 07, 2009  
Blogger Pastor Adrian Kramer said...

G'day Naomi,
I didn't know that rhyming was part of your skill base?

'ONE MORE DAY!!

Bec is on her way! God's blessings on your holiday!'

It is not one more day any more, Bec gets here in 3 hours.

God's blessings for the year ahead,
Adrian

4:09 p.m., January 07, 2009  
Blogger Naomi said...

Whoops...

Looks like I ought to alter the list, but I wont. (As I can't think of 11 items or 10 again)
12 pairs of socks. (I forgot the two pairs already in the wash. Thanks Effie!)
I think I finished my Christmas/Epiphany cards today. If I forgot to send one your way I'm sorry! (And WAY late)
I may do that,tim, but bec has found another one that seems to work well too...don't recall the name at the moment!
G'day Adrian, I'll guess that you're quite happy at the moment, as bec's flight has landed, albeit ~30 min late(hopefully with her in tow, haven't heard yet!)And you've probably caught sight of her by now!
I can be rather talented- you watch out!

8:46 p.m., January 07, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Epiphany!!! Sorry we didn't get more of a chance to visit over the holidays. I'll be in Quebec City Feb. 11 - 14 if you want a half-way home visit!!! Miss you. God bless.

11:19 p.m., January 07, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you! Keep warm!

2:57 p.m., January 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home