Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Blogworld Cookie Exchange (ETC!)

Favorite holiday recipes
Well... At our house we always made gingerbread houses when we were growing up, and last year some of my friends and I got together and made a great one-- only problem is, I'm not able to find the recipe I used-- one of my moms-- but I'll post it once I find it!
Special traditions
A special tradition is: Hanging the Christmas cards around the house on string- lining the walls!
Also- while driving to Christmas Eve service we would split up the car/van into two groups and each side would have to count the number of houses decorated with lights on their side. Some years the numbers were HUGE!
Favorite gift to give
Hugs, homemade cookies, a difficult one- figuring out what to make for our $2-5 make-it-gift!
What you wear to "decorate" yourself
I don't really decorate myself all that much- at times I have been caught with antlers on my head, (with a matching shirt to effie!) . Or earings- depending on where they are and where I am- I don't know if I have any festive earings here or not!
Anything else you'd like to tell us about your holiday celebration
Hehe-- I'd like to decorate the big trucks out front with Christmas lights....
I'll be home for Christmas

3 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

Yay, yay! Naomi played! And such a lovely festively coloured way too! Yes--we DID count the decorated houses on the way to church! So much fun! Mmm--a nice gingerbread house! That would be fun!

Hugs! Wonderful job, darlin! (comment over at Susie's and she and a few others may come for a looksee!)

9:07 p.m., December 13, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

I love the red and green post! And the drive to church sounds like lots of fun :)
Thanks for playing!

11:31 p.m., December 13, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Here is the recipe-- talked to mom about it last night!

Gingerbread (used for cookies or house making!)

2 eggs
1 cup shortening (NO LIQUID SUBSTITUTIONS)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 tsp- 1 tsp ginger (to taste!)
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda in 1/2 cup boiling water

Cream shortening.
Add sugar.
Add eggs and beat well.
Add molasses. Mix
Add ginger, flour, soda and water.
Mix and roll dough on floured board. Cut and bake on greased cookie sheet.
Bake @ 375 F. 6-8 min.

1:58 p.m., December 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home