Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, December 04, 2006

Just call me ...

I've heard many strange renditions of my name in the past:

Neigh-oh my
Nye-oh my
Namomi
Omi
(Elmo)
Na
etc...(We wont go anywhere near how people like to spell my name!) These attempts usually sound like they've got the majority of the right letters in there- but yesterday- that was the strangest yet:

Joan

I guess...if you drop the i and m and read my name backwards (replacing the dropped letters with a j)...but I have no idea how he came up with it! I had even introduced myself as Neigh-oh-me (spelt so you can pronounce it properly!) but somewhere, from trying to read my name off of something I was wearing, not the name-tag, mind you! he managed to decide that my name was Joan. Just Joan

Here in Chatham, I've also had other issues with my name...here at work, my supervisor wants to call me Natalie, my last name was truncated to Klag---who knows what's going on in this crazy town!

(Other than the fact that it's been chilly today (-6, windchill of -13) and I'll have to brush the snow off my car to head home tonight!!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darlin, I know one person in the world who is convinced I'm Karen! I've given up, there. Hmmm, when I truncate the last name, I usually say "Klay"... Klag would be a new one. No French version, though? I do like the accented version of the family name... much better than Calgrass!

6:42 p.m., December 04, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Oh, I almost forgot! People, when they hear my name often say "Naomi, like the supermodel?" Yup, that's me!

Ah, Tracey- names are fun-- just ask our sister Rachel!

9:42 p.m., December 05, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

That, my dear, is your newest nickname that you will never live down:

Joan Klag

teehee--if you ever needed to go undercover, it doesn't sound like a fake name, you're golden, darlin'!

2:03 p.m., December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The worst I ever heard was the telemarketer who asked for 'Mrs. Kangles.'

And my favorite misname for myself was Charlotte/Harriet (from the same person).

4:40 p.m., December 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home