Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, November 23, 2006

A day for hot beverages

It's a little chilly outside. -1 C, then add a windchill. (Not cold, mind you, Anusha would say I've regressed!) With the cooler temperatures, I find it nice to drink a warm beverage a couple of times during the day.

Tuesday: Hot chocolate, then tea
Yesterday: tea- which was cold by the time I got to drink it and a chai latte--mmm!
Today (so far): french vanilla tea

Now. I must relate to you my feelings about tea.

Tea= drinking an aroma. I often find the taste doesn't match the aroma, and that usually turns me off of that flavour of tea. I admit that I'm learning to drink tea despite the aroma/flavour mismatch, but don't think I have a favourite tea just yet.

Right now, I feel a little spoiled. I've been given the "day off" in order to study for a couple exams tomorrow. (I hope my classmates get something similar!) I also have a doggie in my lap, helping me compose this note. (She has no complaints about tea). I'm feeling spoiled because at our house we just had our dog die- she lived with us for 13 years. I'm still easily choked up about it, and will miss her bounding out to greet me when I go home on Saturday. I hope to do a post on her in the future- full of photos and things my family remember and miss most about her.

Talk to you later- probably from Chatham next time!

6 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

Dahling, what you have to try then, (if you are starting to acquire a taste for drinking an aroma that tastes much different than its smell) is a quality Earl Grey tea with just a bit of milk. Any sugar at all will ruin the taste..try it dear, more than once and you'll end up loving it as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up! Honest!

Or a nice jasmine tea--definitely very fragrant and different smell than taste. That one drink sans milk or sugar! Good stuff, I tell ya!

-2 degrees here right now but it's sunny and going to get warmer (according to the fellows on the radio)

10:20 a.m., November 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree on Earl Grey - a good leaf makes the best cup. Twinings is good and if you like cirtusy switch straight over to Lady Grey. Mmm. Anything I'd put it would be lemon - or milk if I'm impatient...

Vanilla green is good. I do like jasmine. Ooh and dragon beads. Don't let them steep for longer than 45 seconds and you'll like it.

Oolong is too strong for you. But then you do like red bush, so you might like the darker stuff. Come visit some time and I'll take you to Steeps.

Currently is -17 (feels like -25) and tomorrow is to be -25.

1:41 p.m., November 23, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

Ooo-I like oolong tea too, and there's something to be said about a good darjeeling too...a bit strong but not bad...never heard of Lady Grey...can I go to Steeps to Beckaroo??

2:41 p.m., November 23, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

I meant to say "too Beckaroo"

2:42 p.m., November 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course! (You better come visit quick, because I plan to get out of this province soon. Five months to go!)

7:30 p.m., November 23, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

But you do know that I don't only drink tea??

Nope, no one has made me start drinking coffee yet, but, mmmm French Vanilla- or hot chocolate or mmm...

9:25 p.m., November 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home