Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Friday, October 20, 2006

La de dah!

Hi!

Wow, it has been a while. So much going on, but not much that is so exciting I wanted to cut out "sleep time" in order to write.

I've had my haircut. (Again). Crazy how often that has to be done to keep short hair looking decent (or to a look that I like, others don't seem to mind it longer/messier!) It was a nice little thing to do for myself, a time to relax. I was able to go with my friend and classmate Chantal- who now has different coloured hair. (It looks very nice!)

This week I was also given the opportunity to get some Senators tickets, so I'll be heading out to the game tomorrow night with Terra. I'm looking forward to it! And in my time off, I think I will relax, for most of the weekend, even, try and catch up on a bit of sleep, and do a delivery that I'm supposed to get done before next Tuesday.

When out for my haircut I used my birthday money to get myself "The Little Mermaid" (please, keep family routines silent, they are not allowed in the comment section!) We watched that tonight, and it was SOOOO great. Singing along with the songs, sharing our favourite parts. FUN!

Ah, it's getting harder to force myself to watch what I'm typing...a sign that I should probably head to bed, sooner than later! Good thing is--I get to sleep past 6am tomorrow!

Oh...no snow here yet, but I drove through some messy rain today! At 4 degrees C there were slushy looking drops on the windshield. I would like the snow to hold of a little while yet! What do you think?

7 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

Look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl, the girl who has everything?
Look at this trove, treasures untold, how many wonders can one cavern hold? Lookin' around here you'd think, she has everything!

I've got gadgets and gizmos a'plenty. I've got who-zits and whatzits galore. You want thingamabobs? I've got twenty. But who cares, no big deal--I want more!!

I want to be where the people are, I want to see, want to see 'em dancin', walkin' along on those, what's that word again? Oh, feet.

Flippin' your fins you don't get too far, legs are required for jumpin' dancin', strollin' along on that, what's that word again? Street.
Up where they walk
Up where they run
Up where they stay all day in the sun
Wanderin' free
wish I could be
part of your world

What would I give if I could live
Out of these waters
What would I pay to spend a day
Warm on the sand
Betcha on land,
They understand that they don't reprimand their daughters.
Bright young women, sick of swimmin', ready to stand
And ready to know what the people know, askin' questions and get some answers.
What's a fire and why does it, what's the word--burn?
When's it my turn? Wouldn't I love, love to explore that world up above? Out of the sea....
wish I could be...
part of your world!



~~~~~~~
Thank you, thank you.
And for my next performance, I will be singing the alphabet, en francais!

3:04 p.m., October 23, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

Teehee--I know you said no FAMILY routines, but this was just by ME, no one else, so I figured it would be OK, right?!

3:05 p.m., October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm, that would be you and the little gaffer you seem to carry everywhere lately, eff.

... have you ever noticed that some of Ariel's songs sound similar to the "Little Shop of Horrors" music... (oh maybe you didn't want to know that).

Glad to hear you enjoyed your adventures under the sea!

6:10 p.m., October 23, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Ah, effie...
that was great. (though having just seen the film, I noticed a few errors! Hehe!)

I'm glad you sang!! I could hear you/ariel singing.

Hi tracey! Glad to see you stopping by!
I'm sleepy, and have homework to do, or I'd chat more!
Love ya!

8:44 p.m., October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you pucker up the lips...

9:58 a.m., October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...like this

2:25 p.m., October 27, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

It's you pucker up de lips...like dis

And that's kinda what my comment was about--you silly boy!

I'm guessing that movie's a family fav???

Night-o!

12:24 a.m., October 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home