Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Confined spaces and fun

Well...today has already started with a bang! Or something. No *actual* banging did I hear! On my way home from *work* just after 8am, I got into the elevator and hit the buttons and heard the door close and closed my eyes.

Then I opened them. I wasn't going anywhere. These elevators have the habbit of making dinging noises as you pass/reach the other floors. No dings. I started to think: great! Just the way I want to spend the day! And then, I noticed that the floor button didn't stay pushed--or lit up, so I pushed it again, and I was on my way. (Effie, I should always treat elevators like the one on Glenridge, but I don't! These ones usually behave!)

To make the morning more interesting-- to get my car back on the wet, icky roads I had to get it out of the parking garage. WOW!! Is that one ever a windy-spiral exit. I almost missed one of the twirls because I wasn't looking for it to just continue winding down. It was the sort that I wondered if it made everyone dizzy...and made me think again about parking there!!

I'm home. I'm going to get ready for a top-up snooze. Talk to ya later!

(Ooh! Dinner plans tonight. Going out with a group for a loverly supper!!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAOMI!

Are these birthday dinner plans?

Marlene

5:12 p.m., September 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you'
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday, Naomi
Happy birthday to you
God's blessings to you
God's blessings to you
God's blessings to you
God's blessings to you
*Me and kids singing*
Love you, enjoy your birthday supper.

5:57 p.m., September 23, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Yup! Birthday party --dinner with naomi ending up with moose antlers... (pictures to come!)

Thank you for your birthday wishes Marlene and Aunt Nancy, JH and Anna

(And to everyone else who has sent me greetings! Thanks!)

heehee- WV: pugynohs (puggy-nose?)

5:41 p.m., September 24, 2006  
Blogger Jerrica said...

Aww Man I missed it! But Happy Birthday Naomi!!!!

10:21 a.m., September 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

belated many happy returns.

6:15 p.m., September 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home