Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Technology.....argh!

Hi

So...I'm playing with pieces of technology. At the moment, the part that is causing the most issues is my new handheld. It STILL doesn't want to sync properly. I'm giving it the recommended time of 15-90 min for this one, but it's rather annoying!

Also- earlier, I was trying to print something, and it wasn't working, and I got this crazy message that my printer was out of paper. (I never, ever get that message)! Turns out that the printer wasn't attached fully, though it had been not long before then!

I was trying to do an online registration for the hymnal workshop that is going on here in Ottawa the end of the month, and the form wouldn't work. Sigh...the computers are ganging up on me today!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it only gets worse.

I do a lot of motorcycle riding. Since I'm taking a trip to Florida, I figured a GPS receiver would be nice.

A number of them use this thing called "bluetooth" to enable making phone calls on the move.

But that means changing the old cell phone I have now which has no idea what bluetooth's is. But looking at what's out there now, there's more phones (and acronyms!) than you can shake a stick at.

And since I'm looking at that, I might as well see if I should change who I'm getting my phone service with.

As one author wrote, "it's all connected"
http://lifeisaroad.com/stories/2005/11/19/itsAllConnected.html

If I keep on with this, I'm guessing I'll wind up selling the house and moving!

5:12 p.m., September 09, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

and yet you managed to create AND post this post! Weirder and weirder!

Hugs my dear!

8:51 a.m., September 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technology is such fun. They updated the server here at work, which of course meant that the whole system is glitched up with absolutely no rhyme or reason why some people have no problems and others like me can't access diddly squat. So I sympathize. Have fun!

2:49 p.m., September 12, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Sorry to hear that I'm not the only one with technological difficulties tim and aunt nancy. They don't strike me too often, and generally they aren't too bad. Here's hoping that this stays the routine!

Nope, blogger generally isn't the source of my problems, and I'm hoping that I have solved a few problems with alex's help too!

I'm a tired girl. I hope to post a real post soon!!

9:39 p.m., September 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you aware that your Naomi picture looks a little like an egg being fertilised? Especially the small version.

3:34 p.m., September 13, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Thanks bec...it's a moon and leaves....but thanks for the thought. Now I REALLY have to change it!

5:30 p.m., September 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home