Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A fun weekend and other stuff

This weekend was great!

First- Pigroast--> although it was tonnes of fun, and the food wasn't out yet (good salad effie) Bec and I had to hit the road around 5. We first got to go on the wagon ride, and get attacked by plants growing along-side the road.

We got to chat and play with many relatives, but the afternoon was too short!

Second- ELDYA retreat. Well! Bec and I decided to follow our own route there. It was rather exciting, mostly visible on the map and full of slow you down to catch the view dirt roads.

At the retreat we enjoyed some great fellowship, fun activities, singing by the campfire, playing in wet grass, beach fun, good devotions, new friends, old friends, great toilet paper toss games...you know! Lots and lots of fun! I took a lot of photos, so here's hoping I get some time to develop them soon, and I'll have some of them up here, some at the EDLYA website and possibly elsewhere!

Thirdly--argh! I'm sunburnt. But that's neither here nor there. I'm going crazy trying to sort through all the stuff I've accummulated over the years! (Trying to figure out what to pitch, what to pack, what to hide and what to try to use). I'm also looking at a semi-busy week this week. Meeting up with friends tonight for a bit, an early morning in Owen Sound tomorrow, lunch with friends on Thursday---and I'm hoping to be ready to leave on Friday. I'm not sure how I'll work everything in! (Not to mention reading LOTR and watching the extended editions before packing them up to bring with me!)

Sigh.. should go. Stuff to do, little time to do it in! (BUT!!!! Starting this weekend I'll have regular internet access...easy to upload and download things!! I'm rather excited about sharing stuff with everyone!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay edlya! I only wish I could have been there for the whole thing and had more time to talk and catch up. How did the stalking thing go? Did you make lots of money? I think I should get a cut of that.

:D love ya lots!

6:58 p.m., August 11, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Hey Marti...

the stalking went well...pictures turned out great! (I was only to be paid after they got the pictures, so still awaiting that. When I gets mine, you can have your cut.)

Edlya was such fun. I agree...longer time there would have been wonderful (I only made it there for Saturday night to Monday--so just a day more than you!)

3:33 p.m., August 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home