Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Animals, everywhere

Well...there are some odd things you can see when driving the roads of a city.

Animals, or rather, road/sidewalk cleaning machinary that are named after animals. Within 24 hours I saw a "The turtle" which managed to throw a big chunk of a car (ie peice of bumper) out into traffic (gotta love those gutter cleaners) and a "The armadillo" which I think was travelling/cleaning both roads and sidewalks. Why was the turtle 5X bigger than the armadillo? Why aren't all city-work related vehicles names after "the" animals? What do you think the name should be for a:
Garbage truck?
Tree removal vehicles? (one of those was just here, and the guys left 2 big stumps with a happy face carved in one, and their initials carved in the other)
Snow ploughs?
Street sweepers?
Flower watering vehicles?

Let me know what you think. Please remember to phrase your response in the form of a question, no I mean with a "The" before the animal.

Thanksgiving was great. I had a great time at home, met my soon-to-be-aunt Judy, ate tonnes of turkey, patted Effie's belly (a lot!) and had an all around good time. Animal spottings were rare, but maybe that's because they've all turned into machinary. (Even in Algonquin park?!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jerrica said...

A garbage truck could be The Hog...because they eat slop...

12:29 a.m., October 12, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

tree removers: "The Pachyderm"

4:23 p.m., October 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a "the Turtle" makes me think of a "the Cheat"... hmm....

12:29 a.m., October 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tree removal: "the beaver", but that's all I've got for now.

6:11 p.m., October 13, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

Naaa-oooooooooooooooooooooo-meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee--I called you last night and a BOY answered the phone--who was it? Another boarder? You were already asleep though....


check your emails!

12:15 p.m., October 17, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

So um...yeah, I haven't come up with any great ideas for the remaining ones. Maybe a The Saint Bernard (for snow removal?) The Elephant (for watering flowers?)

I dunno.

11:31 p.m., October 20, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

or a The Walrus-- those tusks have got to be good for some snow removal!

11:32 p.m., October 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home