Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, December 18, 2006

Some Notes About Caroling

Caroling... I went caroling this weekend. What fun! And what an interesting time it was!

This year I went caroling in London, Ontario. The ~2 feet of snow from the previous weekend had all but melted making the walking a little odd- no tromping through snow!! Some added excitement- I help a flashlight for the guitar-player to read the chords for the songs! (Tracey held an umbrella for a bit!!)

For the first time in a long time I caroled to random strangers (we usually go out at home to our neighbours on the street) and what a time it was!

One house felt like a grand success, and it was our first random "they have lights on and Christmas decorations" stop- a mom and three little kiddies listened.

Next few tries-- not so good, but that didn't stop us from singing as we walked!

Duplexes- difficult to figure out for caroling- must have new plan for next time!

We wowed a lady near the end- and then, as we started late we felt it was time to end (being shortly after 9pm!)

Then it was back to the church to decorate Gingerbread men/women. (Highlights- John Deere Man, huge smiles...lots of fun! Pictures to come!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm envious.... We don't have an organist at our church right now so we barely have any music during services anymore. I miss the beautiful carols this time of year. I guess I'll just have to sing 'em all with my kids. Meanwhile, if anyone knows of an organist who wants a job in Mount Forest..... we're looking!!!!!

3:26 p.m., December 18, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

did you sing "Here we go a wassailing...."? or "the holly and the ivy" or "Good King Wenceslas"?

Any hotchocolate offered? Or cider or figgy pudding? teehee

3:10 p.m., December 20, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Hot chocolate came at the end- with the cookies- and there were mini marshmallows in it too!

10:48 p.m., December 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home