Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Friday, January 20, 2012

I guess we could consider it winter now

It's been an interesting season. Winter, that is. It had been rather mild, and snow wasn't sticking around...until recently. I was also wondering why I had even thought about getting someone to clear my driveway, and had been glad to not waste that money. Well...the shovel has gotten a work out this week. It's become my morning ritual to peek out the front window at the driveway before getting ready in the morning so I can pull on the woollies and go shovel if necessary!

I do enjoy snow. I don't enjoy snow-covered roads and slick roads. So far there have been a number of corners that I didn't feel were executed well because of slip-sliding.

This weekend, if I don't find tonnes to do, I may go for a romp through the snow locally. Check out the neighbourhood whilst it's covered in snow. I may look and see if there's a good sledding hill nearby- for nieces and nephews who may want to come and play.

For you: some pictures of a couple of beaches. One warm, the other, not quite as warm. You should be able to figure it out pretty easily!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I like the contrast.

8:24 p.m., January 20, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure that the sledding hill is for nieces or nephews?? Not the auntie?

Terra

12:27 p.m., January 21, 2012  
Anonymous 3cK said...

One, from the southern hemisphere, the other from the northern hemisphere. I do hope you get to have a lovely tromp outdoors. The high temperature here is -5 C today and with the sunshine, it seems like a good day for a walk!

3:08 p.m., January 21, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures in both places--nobody in the cold water? Why not? :)
(ev)

12:29 p.m., January 27, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home