Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, July 23, 2012

You're not in Oz anymore...

Perspectives are fun, sometimes. Having traveled a bit, and even for anyone who has played at a zoo, or with different creature types, you'll know what I'm talking about. The way a bird holds itself, or swims or flies, tells you a bit about what bird it is. The way your cat leaps onto window sills far too high and scares you...that's another story. No, today is about a strange sight I saw on my way home.

I was driving, as I do to get home, when I looked into the field to the right. I instantaneously identified the creature munching away at the plants in the field as a deer...had to be. Right colour, right location, right time of night....but there was something that made me take  second look, and wonder, am I where I think I am. The deer was grazing the low lying plant, in such a way that the shape of its body looked like a kangaroo. That's right. A kangaroo in  a field, near my house, Ontario. Not likely, right? Well, you have to see a kangaroo doing the crouch forward and you'll know the body shape I saw- just on the wrong critter in the wrong place.

I wish I had my camera out, or that I could have stopped for a picture without frightening it away. Instead, I hope, the picture is planted firmly in my brain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

They do have some similarities to them! Did you call him Skippy?

6:20 a.m., July 25, 2012  
Anonymous 3cK said...

Ooh! Animal masquerade! Little things like that remind me that the deer and the kangaroo came from the same Creator/designer.

5:09 p.m., July 25, 2012  
Blogger Naomi said...

Next time I see him, I will call him Skippy. It's fitting, I think.

Very true 3cK!

12:14 a.m., July 28, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home