Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Thursday evening--out of the ordinary

For me at least!!

Earlier today I heard that one of my classmates was trying to get rid of tickets to a Ottawa Senators game. I thought it would be a good idea, as I have no homework due tomorrow, for a change, so I started the search for someone to go with.

Needless to say, most of my class were unwilling to go because they still had the homework for tomorrow, and most of my other friends thought that it was too far, or that they had to study or work tonight. Silly people. I then wrote one last hope of an email...gave up and decided to go to Tim Hortons as a way to get some of the beautiful sunshine of today. As I was getting ready, the phone rang! Lydia wanted to join me. I quickly contacted my classmate and all was set!

My first NHL game. I wonder...will I be hooked after one game? Should I try and get something for my siblings who hold the Senators as their favourite team? I dunno!! We'll have to wait and see.

Talk to you all later--after the game!

UPDATE

Game was great--every one of the 7 goals was by a different player, the game seemed like it was over at the end of the second period because the score was 6-0...fun stuff!

The rapelling onto the ice was cool too!

Gotta run!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity! Enjoy the game. I'd like to go to an NHL game someday, too.

(By the way, it's snowed most of the day, here.)

4:49 p.m., March 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could get Al and Becca official jerseys with signatures of everyone on the Senators team (and the puck that scored the winning goal--doesn't matter who won--just get one of them that puck--and get the losing goalie to sign it--I hear that makes them happy). Or you could just try to bring your camera, or you could just give them a program....

5:52 p.m., March 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... I'm jealous now.

7:05 p.m., March 02, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

We won 7-1.

It was a good game. I thought of you often Alex.

No real souvenirs were found, cept maybe the program...I'll see who wants it the most.

I enjoyed the game. The seats were good. We got to see military personelle rapelling from the rafters to the ice during the second intermission.

Good game. I don't think I'm hooked, but I could go for another game sometime!

Goodnight

11:36 p.m., March 02, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

Well, where's the "Post game Chat" darling? I hope it was fun!

3:43 p.m., March 03, 2006  
Blogger Jerrica said...

I'm glad that you had fun Naomi! Have a great day!

God's Blessings!

10:21 a.m., March 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have taken the extra ticket. But honestly, getting out of the city was good enough for me this weekend.

3:05 p.m., March 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home