Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, January 22, 2007

Gone bananas!

Hehe...

Maybe not! But bananas seem to have played a fun role in this weekend! Banana pancakes on Saturday (for breakfast), a real live banana with breakfast on Sunday and a banana nut muffin to help me as I drove back to Ottawa.

Where, you ask, was I driving from? Well, on Friday, I drove to Hamilton, so on Sunday I had to return.

The trip there had me doing a double take!! What comes to your mind when you see a hearse with a canoe on top??? Do all hearses have lights on their sides? (What a happy topic!) Are the fancy side lights only on when they have occupants?? (I saw more than one hearse as I drove to Hamilton!!) Thoughts that jumped through my head: Wow! The hearse as a family vehicle! or Someone's off to a watery grave.

I also traveled near a limo- quuuiiiittteee stretched, it was! I have no clue who may have been riding in it, but I always like to speculate!

The reason for the trip to Hamilton-- to see my niece get baptised. She joined God's family yesterday morning, and her uncle Peter and I were her sponsors. Depending on what effie says, I may post pictures.

Peter flew in, and I drove, and we got to spend a goodly amount of time with Katrina and effie and her hubby! Such fun! The great grandparents were able to be there for the baptism, as were other family members.

It was hard to drive away yesterday-- I could feel myself making some Katrina-esque faces (baby scrunching up face when about to bawl) as I tried NOT to cry as I drove off. I must have been a sight!!

More later-- I have things to do, places to go!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were doing face scrunchies at the house or only in your car? I don't remember you almost crying there....

9:32 p.m., January 22, 2007  
Blogger Naomi said...

Ah...only in the car. I was driving away, thinking, "I don't want to be driving away" etc. That's when I was doing my upset Katrina impressions.

10:26 p.m., January 22, 2007  
Blogger Effie said...

I think that a pic minus the papa would be fine!

I'm glad you didn't do the face scrunchies inside--my hormones are still keeping me at the edge of crying all the time--that would have been "it" for me!!

The pancakes were ok then? I was thinking afterwards that I could have made fresh muffins and just had lighter breakfasts...We have syrup NOW...sorry!

Katrina says "starfish" to you!

3:11 p.m., January 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news and I'm glad everyone travelled without incident. You were blessed with lovely weather. I'm still waiting to see that little scruncher in person. I'll have to try to make the trip sometime soon. God bless!

4:16 p.m., January 24, 2007  
Blogger Naomi said...

Pancakes with yummy other topings are ok too, you know!! (Mmm...caramel cream cheese). Jam...mmm. Glad I didn't set you off effie.

Hi great aunt...I'm still here...slowly doing what I need to get done, so I've not done photos just yet. Hopefully soon!!

5:39 p.m., January 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Great" aunt Kathy & cousin Phil went to see Katrina this week. She is beautiful! Saw some of her mom in her....lots of sign language! Those so cute so tiny hands were doing the open/close/plueeeze don't disturb me movement! I think there will be a few more lunch breaks at Katrina's house!!!

3:47 p.m., January 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home