Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

An age old question

If the Christmas tree falls in the living room while everyone's asleep, does it make a noise??

See, Monday- Kirk and I went and bought the tree.
Tuesday- Kirk set up the tree, Pol and I put lights on the tree and decorated it.
Tuesday night- tree fell down- Naomi woke up, but the noise she heard couldn't have been the falling of the tree- could it? THAT noise probably woke her, and she heard something else make its final thud (that didn't sound like a tree falling!) And then she heard something that sounded a little like the bell on the kitty-cat's collar!
Wednesday- Naomi found a tree on the floor (not knowing what noise it was that she heard when she woke up at 1:30am), told Kirk. He re-set it up, Naomi and Kirk picked up ornaments, Naomi swept up broken things, and then in the evening Naomi reapplied the lights and garland.
But is there noise when a tree falls? Could the tree have made noise that I heard (and subsequently woke me up)???

Heehee!

My time in Chatham is almost up. I'm going to miss it here...I've gotten used to parking down the street and walking between/around big machines to get to the front door. Thanks again Kirk and Pauline for having me to stay!!!

I'll miss it down here!

4 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

So the question is: if a tree falls in the living room and it wakes Naomi up, did it really make a sound? Apparently it did--you woke up, remember??!!

Silly girl!

Come see me bright and early next Thursday!! 7:30 at the hospital! 4th Floor--Labour & Delivery!

12:16 p.m., December 21, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Is everyone who reads my comment section invited??? Hehe!

3:54 p.m., December 21, 2006  
Blogger Kelly Klages said...

It only makes a noise if one of the ornaments rolls into the bedroom of little Cindy Lou Who, and *she* wakes up because some mean person is trying to stuff the tree up the chimbley.

1:48 a.m., December 24, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Ah! No Cindy Lou Who here!
teehee

9:06 p.m., January 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home