Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow and cold and...

Yup.

Winter has come. I've enjoyed the cold. It was a nice change. I'm also glad to report that Atreyu is able to start up (without help) in -25 C weather!

The reason I had to post is this. On Monday night, after the snow finished falling, I was walking home from the school. It was gorgeous! The field was all bright because of the whiteness of the snow.

The snow was 6-8 inches deep in places and was VERY fluffy. As I walked, I looked around at the beautiful, crisp white field and couldn't help but think- "Wow, my dad really taught me well! I feel that I should run around the whole field and disturb that whiteness" I think it was just one of the ways he knew if we'd been out to play that day- but I still can't resist a clean white expanse of snow! (At home, we had a day like that, and our backyard was left pristine! No dog tracks, no tromping tracks...it made me sad- the lack of doggie-ness, I mean. The pure whiteness just attempted to draw me out!)

Thought I'd share with you what my hair MIGHT look like, if you see me soon (but I doubt it-- I don't have all the fancy salon-type stuff, nor do I spend much time on my hair...) Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Naomi,

Love the do. Looks great on you. I need a new one myself. You've inspired me. And I do so love the snow. Just ask your Mom; we've talked about it alot. She even sends me ecards with the snow falling to amuse me. So please, share the wealth and send some to Maryland. I may be 56 but I still can enjoy the awe and wonder of a tree, delcately adorned in a wintry gown of white and I still like to go outside on a cold, snowy day and romp with my grandchildren. I hope I never grow out of that child-like pleasure.

Love and kudos for helping out sis with her delivery(focus and breathing and support). Hope you can offer any tips or assistance to anyone else who might need it.

Love,

Marlene

11:30 a.m., January 18, 2007  
Blogger Effie said...

i would have gone and disturbed that snow. You know, I do have the same feeling about a big blanket of undisturbed snow!

Purty hair!

11:48 a.m., January 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! I always love a new do too!!!! Anyone up for a game of fox and geese?

3:32 p.m., January 18, 2007  
Blogger Naomi said...

Hi Marlene! Sorry, but I don't seem to be good at sending snow to any one place. Thanks on the hair, though I don't know if I really like the way it ends up on a day-to-day basis! Romping in the snow is fun. I had to do some today when I got in...taking a dog adds extra pleasure, I find!

effie somehow I know you would have tromped out there. Maybe I just needed someone to go with!

aunt nancy I'm up for a game of fox and goose, don't know how easy a game would be with such a large diameter!

Love to all!

3:38 p.m., January 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home