Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, May 21, 2007

Big weekend

First off-- prayer request. My friend (who is considered a sister) is pregnant and being induced tomorrow. (Showing signs of preeclampsia...sound familiar??) She's far enough along that baby should be fine (days away from "term"). Keep her and "bit" in your prayers. Also daddy too-- it's likely going to be a long day!!

This weekend I've gone to Gatineau park twice. Once on Friday, for a hike, and once today- to canoe. I also made it out to watch spidey-man three, mowed part of the lawn, gardened, got to attend church with and have lunch with some family (we should meet up sometime again-- how 'bout at the Wendy's on St Laurent??) and attended a birthday party for my pastor.

I'd like to wish some cousins happy birthday- Aaron (Saturday) and Sean today.

Some pictures of the weekend...as promised! Maybe there will be more!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The canoe-ers really were spread out--I don't see anyone in the background of your shot.

(Also, I don't think I've seen a purplish trillium before).

Glad you had a good weekend in Ottawa.

7:26 a.m., May 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've never seen red trilliums, Pete? You need to visit my house in spring. We have whites, reds, and pinks. Gorgeous.... Speaking of which... Naomi you are looking gorgeous too!!! Glad you had a great long weekend. No black flies around Gatineau. I have a few bites, just from hanging around outside. JH and his dad saw Spidey, I got to see Shrek the 3rd with Anna. Too cool.

10:34 a.m., May 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete, trilliums often turn red right before they're "done". Nao, did your canoeing pal take the photo of you two out in a canoe? Looks like fun! Sounds like you filled your long weekend!

6:12 p.m., May 22, 2007  
Blogger Effie said...

any baby news to report? She should have "popped" by now if induced yesterday...

2:47 p.m., May 23, 2007  
Blogger Naomi said...

Baby was born! It's a girl! (I'll let the proud parents give out more details if they wish!!)

Ah, the learning I've gotten about trilliums here...thanks guys!

10:20 p.m., May 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home