Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Introducing.....

To post requires 3 elements:
1. Time
2. Computer access in that free time
3. A story to tell

Now, I often have #3. Sometimes #1 happens and #2 is not fulfilled. But now, this moment, ALL 3 are fulfilled and here I am!

Ah, yes. I piqued your interest with my title. I'm glad to inform you that there are a few stories that go nicely along with the title!!

Firstly. I don't know how many of you know, but I've been feeling lonely lately. Pet lonely. You know how that is. My fish (Finnegan, likely 4 yr old- their lifespan is 2-3!) died this winter and the family dog died last fall. I kept seeing puppies and bunnies and kitties...and really, really wanted a pet. I know I'm rather busy (see requirement #1 and how rarely it is fulfilled) so I didn't think getting a puppy was a very wise idea. I thought and thought. And thought up some cute names.

Tuesday, last week, I had the day off. I woke up that day and said to myself I'm going to go get a pet today. I knew what I wanted, and had a couple names at the ready (Pepe was one of them, just so you know Bec). I went to a pet store. They didn't carry pets, so I got a couple of supplies and went on my way. I tried a second store...there, they had no more, for some odd reason this pet was in big demand and they wouldn't have more until the next day. (I had decided I was getting my pet THAT DAY, so that store was out!). I thought again--where would they have him??! My last stop, and it really was the last one, not too far out of my way, was to a bigger pet shop, where they actually carry pets. I went in. I looked. THEY HAD THEM!!!

On a few shelves there were bowls. Most of these bowls had a beta (Siamese Fighting fish) in them. The lower shelf ones looked sad. Not so colourful, not so active. There was a bowl the next shelf which looked full of water, but I couldn't see a fish. I was about to give up. I had hoped to get a fish, brillient green or blue and non of the lower shelf were fitting that discription. I briefly glanced up again, and there he was. He had just swum up to the top of the previously mentioned full bowl. There he was, My Mr. Darcy. (Top shelf, hard to find, BUT OHHHH SO worth the wait!!)He's a great fish, and a good eater! (like all the reflexions??)

The next introduction story--

He wandered into my life just today. I couldn't resist snapping a photo of him!

I was relaxing after school/work today, I had given a presentation and it went well. Fiona was up, doing something and she came rushing into the living room saying: There's a raccoon! So I jumped up and ran to the window- there he was. A cute little baby raccoon. I decided that if he was going to visit us in broad daylight (4ish) I would get a photo (or 12). I grabbed my camera from upstairs and ran out the front door to snap some photos.

He had travelled from where I last saw him, but with Fiona's help I found him, wandering into the garden. I took photos as I approached (thank Peter for that tip) and soon was about 2 feet from him. He squeeked at me a little, stared at me while I took photos, listened to my advice about not getting run over, crossed the road and tried to climb a tree. (Not terribly successfully!)

Here he is!

So sweet! If you want other views of him, let me know! I have at least a couple more!!

And last, but certainly NOT least-- I am an auntie again. I wont mention her name, but she sure is tiny and sweet. She and her mommy need all your prayers as they grow- in size and strength. Last update- all is well!

I think those are all the tales/tails for tonight!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a pet. Maybe a dog?

2:16 p.m., May 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't have a dog till you have a yard... ok well, maybe a lot of time to walk him, Bec. Nice Fish, Naomi... and I'm glad you didn't invite the raccoon in... they can be quite messy and not too good for the fish, either. Mr. Darcy is a lovely name (hope he's not prejudicial or too prideful, either). Keeping your niece and sister-in-law in my prayers. and you too!

3:14 p.m., May 10, 2007  
Blogger Effie said...

you can have a cat....well, in my opinion at least...I'm not sure what Nika would say about that...

and Mr. Darcy seems friendly enough...

12:03 p.m., May 11, 2007  
Blogger Naomi said...

Pet talk is such fun. It happens a lot round this house.

I personally DO plan to get a poochie in the near future- though how near, I'm not sure. It IS important to be able to have time for walkies and to train the pooch.

I'm not sure about cats. They CAN be amazing, but they also have personalities, (catonalities?) that can be dificile to determine when you get them (and they don't always train too easily!)

Effie- Bec says that doesn't totally fit the character of Mr. Darcy- but oh well!

Happy Grad day Bec! Love ya!

Hugs to all!

5:36 p.m., May 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home