Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Futon

The futon

A wonderful invention. I've been sleeping on them off and on for years. Often it's the matress of choice as a visitor to some places- but this week it seems to be THE choice. My travels have had me sleeping at 6 different places so far (in just over a week)- and the last three (in three nights)have been on futons. (The first real bed shouldn't count as it was at home- my own bed). All three were comfortable. The other two beds- a pullout couch and a spare room bed. I've had some great nights sleep-- and some early rising. Thanks for sharing your futons!!

Futons are flexible- while moving one for me the first night- we had it curving around the corner, and they work as comfortable couches too!

It has also been a great vacation for visiting sisters (sorry to my brothers-- can't do everything all at once- we're too spread out across the country!). I stayed with my "adopted" sister Pol and her husband for a few days and helped them move- that went well- but I really don't like attics; I spent Friday evening with my sister Tracey at Pol and Kirk's house- and Saturday too, as we were packing things up together, then I was able to spend the evening at Tracey's place. Then yesterday I was at effie's place and spent some great time with her and Katrina and then I flew to Edmonton where I am now, spending time with my sister Rebecca. She's actually writing an exam as I sit here, so I have plenty of time to type (for a change).

Here in Edmonton we're going to putter around, and I'll likely meet a whole bunch of Bec's friends. I have no idea what I'm doing once back in Ottawa- but I get to spend some time at home before heading back.

It's not been a whirlwind tour, not really- but as most people say- I may need a vacation to recuperate from my vacation!

I hope to hear from you soon-- anyone like sleeping on futons?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depends how thick the futon mattress is. If the mattress is too thin and you can feel all the wooden slats, then I don't enjoy the futon. Futon mattresses can be pretty good just on the floor, too!

Hope you enjoy "Bacon", and the rest of your travels. You sound rather busy!

7:10 p.m., April 24, 2007  
Blogger Effie said...

hi--we enjoyed seeing you!

9:47 a.m., April 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've slept on many, many futons, as for a while we thought it was better for my hubby's back.... it is if it has a fairly good stuffing in it. I must say that since we moved to a mattress (with memory foam) I wake up with less of a back-ache myself. However, futons are very handy and not so bad when you're young!!!! (Sorry about the early morning... but glad we were on your list of visits!) Enjoy Edmonton and come home safely. God Bless.

12:50 p.m., April 25, 2007  
Blogger Naomi said...

Keep up the good futon talk, one and all...

effie- I enjoyed seeing you and Katrina and trace and aunt nancy and kids and shar and pol and kirk and tj and and.....

Still puttering away in Edmonton- Bacon was yummy.

1:37 p.m., April 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home