Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Ah, April fools

No jokes really from yesterday- though I heard of some fun ones, including a statement that town/city council had agreed to change ALL street names.

Yesterday started out like any first of April should- with me scrapping the frost (thick frost) off of my car. You know it's spring when you get to scrape of bird droppings as well as frost.

Work was ok- I was watching co-workers confuse each other, on purpose, but without using the April Fools claim! Then when driving to another location for my afternoon's work I had another car bump my back bumper- good thing it did it's job. No harm to either Atreyu or the other more fancy car. It was very slow speed, low impact bump, but shocking, nonetheless. I had been doing a minor detour because someone decided it was a good idea to park in front of the entrance to the parking garage. The gentleman wished me a happy April Fools and noted that we were blessed to not have any big damage. He was very right. I'm so very blessed!

At Lenten service last night the reading included ' "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"-which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" ' Mark 15:34b (NIV). It stuck me last night that God forsook him for ME, for YOU; that Jesus was willing to give himself up as the perfect sacrifice for my sin and yours, forsaken by His Father. What amazing love God has for us!

That was a much better focus for yesterday- April the first (we are foolish indeed if we think we can gain God's favour on our own!). I continue to look forward to the celebration of Christ's victory over sin, death and the devil at Easter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous 3cK said...

Glad you're doing alright after your traffic bump. Thanks for sharing your musings and insights from mid-week Lenten service.

5:12 p.m., April 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home