Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Long weekend (finale)

Hi!

Wow...it took some time to get through my photos...you know, editing them down to size. It's nice to have that review of the trip. It has reminded me of all the stuff I didn't get the chance to take photos of...ah well!

Where were we?

Ah yes. We drove the Cabot Trail over North Mountain, and stopped to take photos. Then we found a couple of short trails to hike, one took us to a Scottish Crofter's hut, the next to a couple of pretty waterfalls. It was nice to get out of the car, even if my tummy grumbled as it waited for food!

In Pleasant Bay we stopped for brunch. We were amused by hummingbirds feeding just outside the restaurant, by sitting in a booth by a feeder. There were some beautiful ruby throated ones, but my camera was in the car. Peter got a good few shots of them though! We brunched on lobster and crab and then got back on the road.

We stopped near French Mountain to take some photos. We had driven through a lot more fog on a lot of curvy roads, but there were moments of breathtaking scenery!

We stopped in Cheticamp for gas and hit the road- the plan being to get to Peter's place in time for supper.

We made good time, and decided to rent a movie on the way back to Peter's place. Over the rest of the long weekend we played games, walked in and around town (catching some of the low in the sky fireworks on Saturday evening even though we weren't expecting any!) and went to Church. It was a fun weekend. I think I would travel the Cabot trail again- though as Peter and I agreed there were a few things we'd do differently.
1. Go in the fall. There are a lot of trees there which would colour beautifully!
2. Bring breakfasty-type foods to have in case of quiet little towns who don't open til noon!
3. Try and find a less moisture-full weekend!
4. Spend more time on some more trails

The hills were fun, I enjoyed twisting and turning, and so, I think, did Atreyu.

This weekend finds me back in Ontario. I will likely post at some point while I'm there, but don't hold your breath!

Finally- pictures:
Peter in Lone Shieling
InfoMacIntosh Brook waterfall
More misty mountains- I think this one is part of French MountainPeter, near French Mountain

8 Comments:

Anonymous 3cK said...

Pete with the peat! Thanks for sharing some of your travel adventures!

4:40 p.m., August 14, 2009  
Anonymous Aunt Nancy said...

Pretty pictures!!!

11:44 p.m., August 16, 2009  
Anonymous Aunt Nancy said...

Pretty pictures!!!

11:46 p.m., August 16, 2009  
Anonymous Aunt Nancy said...

?Apparently, I repeat myself when I'm not watching closely..... but they are pretty pictures.

11:47 p.m., August 16, 2009  
Anonymous Bec said...

Hi Pete!

8:46 p.m., August 17, 2009  
Anonymous Peter said...

Hi Bec!

I might email Nao some photos this weekend so she can add my bits to the blog... Then there'll even be some photos of Naomi! (Or at least her shoulder... By a guard... In Louisbourg... In 3D). My videos are almost ready on Youtube--I have to put the proper tags and things on them so you can view the 3D ones in 2D if the other way makes you feel gross. Looking through photos, Nao was right--there are a lot of things that catch your eye that you never get on 'film'.

8:19 a.m., August 20, 2009  
Blogger Naomi said...

So soon, but not tonight, I will likely do a couple of blogs. The plan is to do a blog of our adventures with Peter's photos and then one with some of my more recent adventures. Yes, I do adventure out and about a lot. (Or so it seems lately!)

8:47 p.m., September 01, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Naomi,

just wanted to say hi, and tell you I have a new email I'll text you later. I agree with your Aunt - Pretty Pictures!! Your trip sounds like a blast. I'll have to send you some pictures of all my baby fish. Oh yes they continue to 'go forth and multiply'! New colors too!
God Bless,
Fiona

10:59 p.m., September 02, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home