Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, September 07, 2009

Ok...so maybe I need the fat lady to sing or something!

Long weekend (part 5)- It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings*.

Some more of Peter's photos from our trip to Cape Breton. I will have fewer words, more photos for this one. Then hopefully next post will bring us closer to where we are currently. (i.e. I will do an update of all the fun that has happened SINCE the first weekend of August!)

Louisbourg Fortress and surrounding area make up this first set of photos. There were a bunch of individuals acting like townspeople wandering the town.

Des Roches House

M. Des Roches
In town:


The goose in the corner bit the cook...doesn't look so feisty now!Just beyond this garden was a dig.This means war!
Naomi: a tourist lost in yesteryear.

A "portrait" of Alexander Graham Bell.
This one is for Rebecca & Adrian- let me know if you can't read what it says!
Look familiar?!
A bird crossed our path.
Dust kicked up as we drove in to see Mary Ann Falls.Mary Ann Falls
A sign for a special person.
The Lone Shieling again.
A fun umbrella for the woods!MacIntosh Brook waterfall.
A hummingbird joined us for our brunch.
Misty mountains.The road home...
*"It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings" description is courtesy of Wikipedia : The proverb refers to Richard Wagner opera suite Der Ring des Nibelungen and its last part, Götterdämmerung. The "fat lady" is Valkyrie Brünhilde, who is traditionally presented as a very buxom lady with horned helmet, spear and round shield. Her aria lasts almost ten minutes and marks the end of the opera.

3 Comments:

Anonymous 3cK said...

Great pictures. Has Brunhilde sung now? What happens next in Naomi's wind-down time?

10:16 a.m., September 10, 2009  
Anonymous Peter said...

What type of bird is it that was crossing the road? I haven't looked it up yet...

Naomi was much better at keeping track of names of places so I'm glad she posted these; there are a few spots I forgot the name for!

PS I'm posting this from my PS3, just to see if I can!

8:27 p.m., September 11, 2009  
Anonymous Bec said...

It was lovely to see all your photos! I like them muchly. Go Terra!

And it said "srubag".

PS We should get a PS3 too!

9:05 a.m., September 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home