Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Songs of the evening

I don’t want to study
Do dah
Do dah
I don’t want to stu-udy
Oh de do dah day!

Yeah...that about sums it up.

Plus...Keep grandma in your prayers. Today wasn't the best day for her. She's now on antibiotics for a couple of different infections, isn't breathing the best, and is sick of hospital food!

On a more happy or interesting note: while walking home from a chat with a friend, I noticed that I wasn't alone on the road (it was after dark, but I live in a pretty good neighbourhood), he was on his cellphone, which is how I noticed at first. Then we drew closer and he started to whistle. Now the only thing that came into my mind at that point is "how in the world am I scaring him? I'm carrying a small carton of milk and don't look all that big and frightening..."

Now, why would I think that, you say? It goes back to The King and I (Rodgers & Hammerstein)-- the whistling song...
Whenever I feel afraid
I hold my head erect
And whistle a happy tune
So no one will suspect
I'm afraid.


...especially this verse:
I whistle a happy tune
And ev'ry single time
The happiness in the tune
Convinces me that I'm not afraid

etc...
Yes, I'm silly, and I shouldn't be walking home alone in the dark, I know...but I was two streets from home when Erin and I had to go our separate ways, and I do feel pretty safe, especially with prayers soaring heavenward as I go! That's all folks...so although I don't want to study, I find, with only a day left for studying, that I must. Tomorrow looks like a day to memorize...such fun! (DSM IV...argh!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once I sang that song in the Kiwanis (sp?) festival in Owen Sound. Also, I think that all of Naomi's blogland should know of my extraordinarily wonderful whistling abilities. That's all. And I walked home in the dark too.

1:44 p.m., March 09, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

She's right...she can whistle...

and do some crazy-nuts stuff with her whistle too...but I bet some of that came from listening to Roger Whittaker as a child, and the flute playing she has done.

Back to the books!

3:52 p.m., March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yesterday evening was a pleasant evening to walk about... even if it was dark! (no rain at least)

5:47 p.m., March 09, 2006  
Blogger Kelly Klages said...

Whistling is hard for me. I can never get a good sound! Maybe that guy was just trying to show off. =o)

3:33 p.m., March 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home