Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Home sweet Clarksburg

Hello everyone! I'm writing to you from the comfort of the public library. (Boy this keyboard is noisy in comparison to my lappy!)

After a long-long day yesterday (including packing, finding boxes, running some stuff around to be stored for the summer, packing my little Atreyu full of stuff, finding a place for Finnegan to sit safely, and driving ~ 6.5 hours) I am home! I will be here for a little over a week before the travelling adventures of my summer commence.

The drive went well...even though I left later than I had hoped. No animals decided to bother my drive, and there were very few crazy-bad drivers around to deal with.

I enjoy being home, even if there is no airconditioning. We're enjoying rather warm weather right now- my car said 35 when we got in it earlier (95 F, plus add some for humidity!) It's great to be home, but it feels really silly to be unpacking those boxes that I just filled yesterday. It shall be interesting, trying to find spots for everything, and figuring out why I've kept some of the things I have. Also fun, finding stuff that is hidden in a box somewhere.

I was happily greeted by my parents, Bec and Melissa. They are a great bunch, mom took Finnegan in and got him settled back in his bowl- after he attempted a Nemo stunt of jumping in the sink, Melissa, Bec and dad had a good continuous line of grabbing stuff as I pulled it out of the semi-booby-trapped car and handed it over. Dad had to complain about my packing job, at least 3 times and asked if I wanted lessons in packing a car. I'd just like to say- all the stuff I needed to pack fit, and nothing shifted while I was driving. Aren't those the main things??? Then we relaxed watching the end of Ella Enchanted- a kiddy movie, yes, but still fun and good.

I think I shall get going. I'll try to keep answering/updating regularly. Please- comment! It's not hard!!! Please notice- there are new links to the side. Enjoy!

Question of the day: What's the worst/craziest thing you've lost/misplaced during a move? How long did it take you to find it?


1 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

I lost my most special precious jewellery when we moved from Wasaga Beach--I kept it in a small heart shaped container--my pearls and a couple other pieces--and I put them somewhere for safekeeping. I couldn't find them for months and months after we moved--and you know my hubby--we unpack everything right away! I was so distraught but eventually seemed to forget all about them til one day I was looking for something else and came across them--I was SO overjoyed! I thought I had probably left them in the old dresser we left in the house!

Glad you made it back to Clarksburg safe and sound! Hugs and love to you darlin!

4:48 p.m., May 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home