Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Friday, May 12, 2006

Raindrops

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head!

Just singin' in the Rain, singing in the rain! What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again!


So today was a wet day. I brought my umbrella to and from school. Fun part was that on my way home the umbrella decided it would do better in parts. As in, I had the handle and the metal part in one hand and the dome-keep the water off you-part was on the ground. Not my idea of fun. Though, it wasn't raining so hard that I got soaked!

Then when I got home it fell apart again. This time, it took me a bit longer to fix, but I think it might just stay!

I love the sound of raindrops. I may even have to go for a stroll in the rain tonight...though it is starting to get dark...(or rather, it DID get dark while my back was turned and I was in the basement). Hmm...sounds like it will rain for a fair bit of the weekend, which means I'll get a chance to stroll in the rain soon, if not now!

Hmm...

Not sure if Mom will check this in time--but HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! (And to all you other mothers who check my website...this goes to you too!) I know it's a secular holiday, but I can still say I love my mom and thank her on a special day of the year (as well as every other day of the year too!)

HUGS to all moms!

12 Comments:

Blogger Naomi said...

Nobody likes rain?

I didn't actually get out much in the rain this weekend. It ended up being a bit drier than initially expected.

It's sunny out right now. I'm heading out for a short walk in a few minutes- anyone care to join me? Where was the last place you walked to? Do you enjoy walking?

3:59 p.m., May 15, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

Hey Nao--I don't like rain when I have to walk in it without a coat or umbrella...it also pulls the keys of the maple trees--lotsa sweeping!

I walked from my car to work!

10:27 a.m., May 16, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Thanks for the comment Effie...silly maple keys!

I think I would agree that walking in the rain isn't always a fun thing to do...I like a warm day with rain, a nice set of dry clothes, cup of hotchocolate.

I think I'll blog again soon....hope you do too!

4:25 p.m., May 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how was osce or should i ask?

5:45 p.m., May 17, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

Ya gotta STOP SINGIN THAT SONG--you're just encouraging the weather! It's NOT nice outside! I think we're soggy enough thanks!

3cK asked about osce--what is osce?

10:23 a.m., May 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like colour. And Mom. And rain.

2:07 p.m., May 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... i have good days and bad days when it comes to rain... i prefer rainy days on the way home from work--if i've got nowhere to go. once I was out in a down pour/thunderstorm and once you're soaked all the way through, there's nothing to do but enjoy it (and it was a warm day). I did leave a water puddle on the bus, tho.

5:40 p.m., May 18, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

hehe

I'm thinking of a summer retreat...horseshoes in the rain- walking the shore of Georgian Bay in the rain...that was fun! People thought we were crazy!

6:31 p.m., May 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ducks like rain!
Ducks like rain!
Ducks like to widdle-waddle in the rain!

1:10 p.m., May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and for what it's worth, I may get to meet Fred Penner this summer.

1:10 p.m., May 19, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Nice! That sounds life fun Alex...and another good rain song I didn't include!!

8:10 p.m., May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that wonderful retreat. We were crazy, I have the pictures to prove it. How many people would really play horseshoes in the rain for that length of time? It is amazing what one will do when it rains for most of a long weekend.

Have a super weekend!

9:51 p.m., May 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home