Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Fun songs ...for DANCING!

You've got to get up every morning
With a smile on your face
And show the world
All the love in your heart
Then people gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes you will
That you're beautiful
As you feel
Beautiful by Carole King This one just picks me up everytime I hear it...it also gets stuck quite firmly in my head!!

Another fun song is Elevation by U2. Everytime I hear it, I can see my little cousins from Timmins dancing and bopping around. (It certainly lightens the mood!)

Oooh-ooh...oooh-ooh-who....oooh-ooh...
High, higher than the sun...

such fun...*bouncing Naomi*....

Yesterday I took some time off of studying and had some GREAT winding down time watching Singing in the Rain, and also Easter Parade--which was on rather late, which meant I slept in today...another good winding down thing to do! The two movies (both of which I only saw parts of yesterday) had some great dancing and songs. I didn't know that "Stepping out with my baby" was in Easter Parade...but now I do! Seeing people dance and sing makes me want to do some! Hehe!

My brother made it safely across the country for the first leg of his trip. I hope that the weather is behaving so he gets to enjoy some spring out in BC!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for dancing. Especially in the kitchen, the living room, on speakers, in the grocery store, the coffee shop, the church, the street - anywhere you can.

Same goes for singing. Especially everywhere. (Sometimes I embarass my friends...)

5:16 p.m., April 09, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

I want to sing and dance, I want to sing and dance I want to be a pirate in the pirates of penzance...
*~MMMMMMMMWAH~* Darlin'!

6:12 p.m., April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sing...especially Carole King!!!! Keep those happy feet grooving.

4:10 p.m., April 10, 2006  
Blogger Jerrica said...

Hey crazy dancing Naomi! I can't wait...three more weeks, till EDLYA!! You're coming right?? I hope so...love you!!

7:49 p.m., April 10, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Hi everyone!

I agree...yay for dancing! Won't you all join me?

Funny thing is, I'm listening to the music as I study--so maybe I'm not so happy, but if music be the spice of life...play on!

Actually--I think I got the idea for this blog from reading Daddy Detective Specifically the case of Jack and Bug.--I love your stuff DaddyD!

Yup...I'm off to the next EDLYA retreat...though I'd like to make fewer of these trips solo ones!

6:29 p.m., April 11, 2006  
Blogger Jerrica said...

Oh, noone from Ottawa is joining you?? If I lived more up North I would totally join you Naomi, but I am all the way down here.

I am tho travelling with Matt and plus, you don't have to travel as far as you did for the one in Chatham. =) See you in two weeks and a half! =)

9:59 p.m., April 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home