Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, March 18, 2006

New mode of transportation!

I got me an airplane....

Or not! It's actually a car. The liscence plate has a 707 on it though!! If I owned a digital camera, I would post the picture I took of it, slightly dirty from the drive down the county roads...but it's still purty. It's titanium grey- charcoal is what mom calls it- and is a Mazda three. No real bells and whistles on it though. It's got guts...and handles well. Mom found it comfy too!

I have a feeling the car's a boy...but Peter tried to tell me that all cars are Ladies...what do you think??

I had a good week in St. Catharines. I was able to do my elective, learn lots, visit a lot of friends, though not everyone--sorry Natasha!--and have a good time! I even got to play glow in the dark mini putt a couple of times. I think I'm getting better as I go!

Warning: I won't be able to blog for a few days...this being at home has its advantages--mainly I don't feel tied to the computer, but that also means I don't get to check my messages many times a day, or play on MSN. One more week off, then I'll be back in Ottawa, with internet waiting for me.

Hope all is well....I'll post pictures as soon as I have them developed!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jerrica said...

I'm glad you are having fun and that's awesome that you have a car. Have a great day and week at home! Love you lots, Jerrica

P.S. Smile Always because God loves you and God Bless your socks off!

8:49 p.m., March 18, 2006  
Blogger Kelly Klages said...

How does glow-in-the-dark mini-golf work? I suppose that your putter, the ball, and the hole you're aiming at would all have to be illuminated! That would be pretty cool.

9:19 p.m., March 18, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

I have a feeling it must be a boy--guys have female cars, girls have guy cars--give it a name--but not Jack--maybe "Carlos"? Or "Juan"--so you could say it was "Juan" nice car...teehee

I thought of Alice in Wonderland when I saw my word ver:
offxtbq--off with the bbq or somethin like that

10:10 p.m., March 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this what it looks like?

Mazda's website plus some clickin'

TTFN

6:31 p.m., March 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for a new car! And a very handsome car he is. I'd agree that cars can be male. You should call him something masculine. Like Biff from "Death of a Salesman" or Regan from "King Lear".

I think my paper is eating my brain...

9:04 p.m., March 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ermm... I'm not much of a Willy Shakespeare fan, but wasn't Regan a girl? Or was that a joke?

6:59 a.m., March 21, 2006  
Blogger Jerrica said...

That's your car?!?! That's pretty sweet! Man I want a car :(...hehe. I couldn't afford the gas =). Have a great day bella!

1:27 p.m., March 21, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Yup Pete...that's pretty much him

He's a sweet ride...if I do say so myself. Today we're off to visit Anna and Aunt Nancy and JH. I hope we don't have any problems with the roads in and around their place!
Glow-in-the-dark mini putt...that's another blog almost by itself..but it works in that there are black lights, glowing balls, walls, scorecards and pencils. I think the putter was visible...but I'm not sure it glowed. The hole just showed up white. I really enjoy it.
The fun part is trying to see the lay of the hole...whether there are bumps/hills etc!

I'm still working on a name for him (my car)...I'm still mentally trying out one...I'll let you know it if it fits!

Hugs and God's blessings to you all!

1:55 p.m., March 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Regan is a girl. And that was a joke. Thanks Pete. See you on Maundy Thursday.

7:31 p.m., March 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
»

11:21 p.m., November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home