Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Dripping on me

Hi!

A Saturday post from the rather wet Thornbury/Clarksburg area. Well.... I almost made it to the library without getting wet. See, we'd been hearing the occasional thunder roar and seen the random drop or two of rain, but I really didn't think the rain was going to really fall. I helped mom get the clothes in off the line, so they wouldn't get wet (thinking to myself- now it probably wont rain for an hour or two!) and jumped in the car. Well, as I drove the first few drops fell, by the time I had parked it was coming down hard and I ran inside so I wouldn't be soaked. Had I run in but a moment later I WOULD have been soaked! It was coming down in buckets!

Hmmm...summer plans. I have some. They are still in progress, some of them, though the "heading to Manitoba" ones seem to be shaping up quite nicely. See, Mom and I are leaving to drive out on Wednesday, then we hang out for a bit, Mom and Dad fly back on Monday and I start a couple weeks of an elective in the "wild west".

I then drive back east on my own--unless someone wants to fly out to meet me??--and spend my mom's birthday here at home, and then soon after that I head out to New Brunswick to help with a VBS. If all goes right, I hope to round up some helpers to bring up North with me to do the same VBS, but this time in Timmins--still waiting to hear on that one!

Other plans? Hmm... some of my classmates want me to be in Ottawa for July 1, not sure if I'll make it or not. I hope to spend time with my not-so-little-anymore Anna and hit the beach, go camping at least once and find some time for relaxation.

The 10pm club has been keeping up its schedule, only problem is, we're getting sleepy. Last night, to add to the excitement of meetings, we added knitting to our list of activities! I don't know if the daily meetings will survive, and I hope they forgive me when I'm out of town and can't make the meetings for a few weeks!

I should head home. Too bad the rain hasn't let up- not at "buckets" level anymore, but it is still a steady downpour!

7 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

Canasta and dried fruit huh? Maybe the reason your group isn't lasting so long is because of all that dried fruit--you know, nature might be calling...teehee

Run between the raindrops darlin!

3:52 p.m., June 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, so you are out for two weeks, Nao.

Good to know.
Had supper with Dr. Lane today. He says he's got you hooked up with Dr. Reimer (my curling skip and an all around good guy) as your second doctor. You'll get to learn a little about anesthesia from him.

11:27 p.m., June 04, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

VBS! You just reminded me of my favourite thing about summer! Kids off to VBS!

7:31 a.m., June 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... busy lady, I hope I'll bump into sometime this summer, too. Wow, you've got lots of plans--meetings, fruit, knitting, learning and travelling. Maybe you'll send blogland a postcard?

5:38 p.m., June 05, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Nah..effie, we just gets tired. We missed a meeting this weekend...sigh

Sorry Alex, guess I was shorting you on some details, though I'm sure I mentioned it at one point.

VBS is a great thing for the kids in the summer, glad you liked the reminder!

I'll try to send blogland postcards, though we'll have to see how that will work.

Today included shopping...a fun, picky adventure...I'm far too picky a shopper--clothes wise!

7:41 p.m., June 05, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

I'm heading out soon!

Just thought I would say a quick hello...let you know it's not raining right now (it's not ALWAYS raining in my world!)

I will blog you at some point from lands west of here.

5:07 p.m., June 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know, Naomi will be staying in the guest bedroom/computer room while she's here. As such, she would be able to blog pretty much every day if she chooses to.

7:41 p.m., June 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home