Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, June 01, 2006

In a dentist chair

Hi

So today I spent almost an hour in a dentist's chair. It was roughly this colour. The actual experience wasn't so bad, and I have no cavities.

Sitting in that chair, I was chatting about many things...not too many objects in my mouth- though trying not to laugh with the pointy-teeth-cleaning implements is not such an easy thing to do sometimes.

This dentist has posters on the ceiling. Great idea--I mean, you're going to end up staring up there anyway, why not have something fun to look at?

Now, I don't really want any dentist horror stories here, but anything you think odd/different about a dentist experience you've had? So far, my life has contained only good experiences at the dentist, not too many cavities, wisdom teeth out under general aneasthetic, so I didn't feel a thing, ya know. Not too bad. I was even one of those kids who didn't mind going first, out of my siblings to visit the chair.

I went to the movies last night. It was a good action flick. That's two good action flicks in one week! Wow- this vacation thing has its advantages.

I made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. Mmm..yummy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now we know what's important... the flicks, the food and visiting the dentist. (Ya know, I should do that sometime!) Once I had a very good dentist, but he retired, so now I look for another one. Right now, dentists are very important people to me... because they work, I work!

6:12 p.m., June 01, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

Um, when I was getting my wisdom teeth pulled (all 4 at once) they gave me "happy gas" and I was reading the jokes they had posted on the ceiling. All of a sudden, while the dentist was slicing away in my mouth, one of those jokes struck me as hilarious and I started laughing--the dentist was horrified and thought I was gagging or choking...I had to explain that the joke was funny...and then about 10 minutes later I was sleepy or something from that gas and I guess I started to close my mouth--and bit the dr's finger--really bad!

12:31 p.m., June 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home