Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, June 08, 2006

I'm going West, into the sunset

Most of my family will recognize that reference to a line from a play that I was in (as was Effie) many, many moons ago! I wanna go West, into the sunset (It was called Going West)

The trip has been going well (1,710 km so far). Tonight, we're spending the night in Dryden, ON. A nice, comfy room, with wireless internet. (Gotta love the new wave of things, it's spreading everywhere!!). Last night we staying in Wawa- see picture:

Only, please add a touch of fog to the view- fog, the reason we didn't leave Wawa as early as we had hoped to!

Also, we've been seeing lots and lots of wild life. Loons, turtles, bears, moose, crows, ravens, hawks, ?two wild or on the loose dogs, mom spotted a large grey wolf.
Plus- a crazy crow tried to smuck Atreyu- it didn't work so well.

Atreyu was really after his buffalo--so every time he saw the Bison trucks he was after them!! hehe

Today:4 bears- a mama and two babies, peeking over the guardrail and deciding not to cross after all, and one taking the railroad tracks (I spotted that one) and 2 live, close to the road moose--
Mom got out when we stopped and took a few pictures of them--and then tried to share with me the moose calls that the other car of people who stopped to take pictures of the moose were using to catch its attention.

Today we were at Kakabeka Falls- which was very pretty and is said to be the Niagara Falls of the north. I don't know if I personally would go so far as to say that....but, yeah.

Tomorrow- we make it, God willing, to Alex and Kelly's place.

I'm going to head off for now, got to spend some more time beating my mom at cribbage-- I skunked her this morning while we waited for the fog to lift!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"what fer?"
"Cat fur, to make kitten britches, that's what fur..."

10:13 a.m., June 09, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

Al, you've got the wrong play with that quote--that was the one where Naomi was Aunt Polly or something...

I remember a section of Going West where on stage a girl said "And Cookie was supposed to interrupt me..." yup--I forgot to say my line!

It was a good play!

11:17 a.m., June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just make sure you and your mom only SEE the wildlife... no more close encounters.... Tell Atreyu he is only named after a warrior... unless you've equipped him with missile launchers...so back off the hunting!!!
Have a great trip and say hi to your mom for me.....(stop at a Tim's for me!)

2:43 p.m., June 09, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Safely at Alex and Kelly's place...with a day to spare. Mom and I even drove back to Winnipeg today, just because we love driving sooooo much. (We picked up Dad--whose trip here was the reason for my timing of my trip!)

On our final day of the real trip- Atreyu got himself an owie...But he also got himself a bandaid!! Thanks Alex for the help with getting the quick fix.

I'm rather sleepy- time change and I'm not into it just yet- so my body thinks it's much later than the clocks read.

Also- pictures should get their due- I googled them- images, moose-wikepedia came up, and goose wawa- will get you the other pic, except I cropped it.

12:55 a.m., June 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, what was the owie Atreyu received? More interesting encounters with wildlife only a wee bit too close?
Glad to hear you made the trip out safe & sound. Enjoy the visit!

9:06 p.m., June 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home