Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas greetings.

Hello all!

I thought I'd share some wishes and some photos. (What else!?)

Christmas is a wonderful day to celebrate the birth of the Saviour of the World. We tie a lot of importance to giving at this time of year. I'm so glad that my salvation isn't based on what I give. My gifts aren't amazing, they may not please everyone, they certainly aren't perfect.

In our family we do a draw- maybe this way we, while keeping things in line with budgets, are given the opportunity to give because we want to, not because we're forced to.

The last couple of days have been full of friends and fun. Yesterday I was able to spend a Christmas lunch with Chantal, attend an open house of some great friends from church, and play some scrabble with my wonderful housemates.

Right now, the snow has stopped falling, I think (still blowing though) and I'm to be heading home soon. (Definitely NOT today!) How much snow found it's way to your place during this snow storm?

I'm looking forward to being home. I think everyone is making it home this year! I'm rather excited about that!

God's blessings to you all! I hope your Christmas is Christ centered- the tree reminds us of Christ's birth-with the angel proclaiming his birth, but it also is a reminder of why Jesus came to earth- to die on a tree for the forgiveness of our sins.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess your stocking is the shiny one.

9:22 a.m., December 17, 2007  
Blogger Naomi said...

Nah, I don't have one of them (as far as I know!). Plus- peter said that would mean I'd have mouldy fruit awaiting me. Not my idea of fun!

Greetings- one and all!

5:42 p.m., December 20, 2007  
Blogger Tim Kuehn said...

A blessed Christmas to you and your family!

9:47 p.m., December 23, 2007  
Blogger Tim Kuehn said...

A blessed Christmas to you and your family!jex

9:47 p.m., December 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home