Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Sunday, October 28, 2007

My Car-pet

I have one.

Yes I do. I don't have a name for it. You may be wondering, why would she name her carpet? Well, that would be because it's NOT a carpet, but a car pet. I have a lady bug living in my car. It is similar to the hitchhiker I had a while back, see below, but different in that it's currently hanging out on the back windshield-but on the inside- so no blowing away. I noticed it on the drive to Windsor, thought nothing of it other than to mention it to Tracey. Then, while traveling back alone, I looked back. There it was still. Crawling up and down the inside of the window. It was still there this morning.

I'm ok with this car pet. Don't know what exactly it eats, but does that really matter?

What have you found living in your car?! (Uh-oh, those could be scary responses!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

Well, it wasn't MY car but this is a fun story:

When I was working as a Service Advisor at a GM dealership, a guy brought his car in with electrical problems. He figured it was because the car had sat too long. Well, he left the car for the day and the tech got to work on it. Not too long after he pulled the car into the bay, the tech called me over. I went to see and after the tech had pulled the cover off of the engine, he found a lot of debris: bits and pieces of paper and fluff and just all sorts of things. He explained that sometimes squirrels and mice like to store away food and supplies over the winter. Well, he got a garbage bag and went to get rid of the mess and found that it wasn't just STORING things there, it was LIVING in there--with its family! And the reason for the electrical problems was that the wiring was a source of food for the mice! This was officially not a problem under warranty and we had to call in the owner to show him the problem...wow--that turned out to be one EXPENSIVE job!

3:19 p.m., October 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No car= no car "pets". How about "Dot" for your ladybug?

4:28 p.m., October 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm kinda like 3ck here... The only spot critters could live (in transportation related places) would be my bike seat or helmet--both of those places are just creepy.

7:01 a.m., October 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Effie, I don't think that story is so much fun as rather creepy.

So far my car only has one denizen: me.

I used to have a pet fly tho - his name was Leroy.

9:34 a.m., October 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, I didn't know Bec had a car though. Welcome to the world of unending maintenance. I had a lot of car-pets earlier this fall when the kids left the windows open... a billion flies decided to get warm and stay over for about a week before I could convince them all to leave. Did I ever tell you of the visitor I once had in the old Subaru?????

2:28 p.m., November 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Nancy,

I have a car! Just thought you'd like to know. His name is Remus. He's pretty - although also quite dirty right now...

12:24 p.m., November 02, 2007  
Blogger Effie said...

Aunt Nan-- a BILLION? wow--you wouldn't even be able to see out the windshield--they'd be EVERYWHERE! K's wearing yellow socks today and is so excited by them--she looks at her socks and pulls on them and laughs and grins--what a kook! She must be related to me or something!

11:25 a.m., November 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home