Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Days gone by

I was looking at my background, here, on my blog. The colours/style all at once reminded me of something that I've been meaning to share with people.

The city I'm in has a historic feel to it. Maybe it's because I've been reading some historical books about the area- but I could easily see a horse-drawn buggy making its way down the streets.

I'm not saying that it's not a modern city. It is, very much so. The thing is, there's a lot of old buildings, beautiful parks, great landscaping etc, that seems to have dissappeared in the condo-land that I know at home. I find it relaxing here.

I hope to share some photos with you that may emphasize my point. You'll have to wait for it though!

I know, there are spots like this in Canada too. I enjoy spots like this. They let you slow down, you know, stop and smell the roses. My little hometown is similar in feel, I think.

Anywho- that's enough rambling for now. I hope you're all fine and well...enjoy the snow for me. Go skating for me if you can.

Please- tell me what sort of stuff helps you relax!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Naomi,

Kelly tells me of your travels. Lucky you. Been off the net since Fall when our computer(may it rest in pieces)died a horrible death. Now we have a new computer and I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack. Now, what relaxes me? A good book, sitting on a pier at Deep Creek Lake with my feet dangling in the water while feeding the ducks, talking to Kelly on the phone, a nice cup of tea, reading the Psalms(of course that would be the "Goodest" Book), laughing with a friend, hugging grandchildren, holding a baby in my arms, dinner out whilst having a good conversation with my honey, getting my hair done(love that shampoo and scalp massage), wearing those cozy socks and lounging PJs. Do I sound like I relax too easily? Good to be able to talk with you again.

Love,

Marlene

2:09 a.m., January 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourite way to unwind/relax is in a bathtub filled with bubbles and a good book. I also like to spend time with friends. I am glad that you are having lots of fun. We have a small dusting of snow here and it is very cold here (currently -11C but it feels like -21c). Have fun and take lots of pictures.

8:05 p.m., January 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I think Al wins for coldest temperature of people you know (-25 C, feels like -34 C with wind chill) it's pretty cold here today too (-18 C, -30 C with wind chill). I guess Ontario's cold weather finally made it!

Sorry for no relaxation talk--too much to do--gotta run! ;-)

10:44 a.m., January 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to relax on a snow day. What a delicious gift from God. No rushing out the door, battling the weather, just succumbing to the fact we gotta stay put. That being said, WE HAVEN'T HAD ONE SINCE LAST YEAR!!!!!! Lots of snow, but never at the right time. Enjoy the warmth, and be ready for winter when you get back.

3:36 p.m., January 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Naomi,

I forgot about music. I always listen to Enya when I fly. Don't know why but it relaxes me. Have a safe trip home. I know Mom's anxious to see ya.

Love,

Marlene

4:37 p.m., January 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home