Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sunny summer seaside and the south

HI!

Wow...it's been a while since I blogged. I blame that partially on fun with family at Christmas, and partially on travel and limited internet access.

I've been enjoying summer weather. No, I'm not in Canada- how'd you guess?

Yesterday I played cricket for the first time. On a beach. (I'm actually not too bad- soft ball taught me a few things!) I enjoyed myself a lot!

I've been walking to "work" this week. It's a nice 1/2 hour walk through parks, past athletic fields, a zoo, and a botanical garden. Any idea what I may find to do over the next couple of weeks???

I have been taking lots of pictures, I won't be uploading any until I get home though. It takes too much effort, and I have too little time with internet access!

I miss you! Write me a note, I'd love to hear from you!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you be playing sports, visiting animals, and looking at beautiful plants by any chance?

It's lovely spring weather here today. The sun is shining, the snow is melting, and it smells like spring. Unfortunately, I'm still fighting my cold and I generally work inside. Oh well.

Glad to hear things are going well!

12:41 p.m., January 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is cricket like?

Sounds like you've got a lovely route to get to work, and some intriguing places to visit in your free time. Looking forward to hearing more about it!

4:52 p.m., January 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are having fun and trying new things. What an adventure. You will have to let me know if I should continue to dream about visiting there.

6:10 p.m., January 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Naomi,
It's great hearing from you. Our snow is almost gone and the mole has ruined the tulip bulbs in the front flower bed. Tomorrow I'm going to see if moth balls will persuade him to travel elsewhere. Do they have moles, groundhogs or rodents in Australia? Have you taken a picture of a Koala bear for me? or a kangeroo? or a duckbilled playpus?
Looks like winter will return before you do. Enjoy your summer while you can.

10:19 p.m., January 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should build a snowman.

6:43 p.m., January 09, 2008  
Blogger Tim Kuehn said...

In case you miss the northern snowfall, we got about 5cm for New Year's - and I got some pics here:
http://valkyrie.smugmug.com/gallery/4116233#240062072

Enjoy! And have a most excellent 2008!

12:23 a.m., January 11, 2008  
Blogger Naomi said...

Wow...such good guessers!

pete I think you got them all- not nice to do that in the first comment!

3ck Cricket is similar to baseball (or has enough similarities that I could actually play!) but you run back and forth a lot!

shar I am having fun, trying new things-- like sitting in an internet cafe...I think it will be fun when Deb and Meg are here- doing things with other people is much more fun!

To my anonymous person- I am enjoying my time, though am not seeing fun creatures, and will most likely see them once I head to the zoo!

bec I think you might have to build that snowman for me!

tim Thanks for the snowy pictures. Too bad today isn't as hot as yesterday- then I was craving cold pictures! (High of 41)

1:27 a.m., January 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home