Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, June 12, 2006

Manitoba

Hi and hello there from the land West of Ontario.

(Well, I really can't say that everyone and everything West of Ontario says "hello", but I can try!)

I made it safe and sound to Winkler. I haven't gotten lost once in this city. (I'm rather proud of that), but!! Manitoba is hard on the family cars. See, the first time Alex's, Mom's and my car drove here we each got a windshield chip from a stone. I'm a little sad that Atreyu got hurt in this way, but I won't hold it against Manitoba and decide I'll never return. That wouldn't be right.

Today on my way home from "work" and on my way to the car, I stepped out of the building, and smelled the air. I said to myself "smells like it rained" and then proceeded to get wet, as it WAS raining and I was no longer protected by the building! I moved quickly toward the car and noticed a HUGE rainbow in the sky. I grabbed my camera (which has taken up residence in my purse, but is still NOT a digital camera) and got a picture of it...then got into the car before I was soaked. I chased the rainbow home, and got Kelly to come and see that it was there--but it was mostly hidden by trees. (She noticed a faded 2ndary rainbow).

We went out again to pick up a few things and got rained on again. Good evening for rain I guess! (And yup, Tracey, I DO enjoy blogging about rain for some odd reason, I may have to change my blog name!)

We had the church picnic yesterday, and that was fun. (Ever played Bocce ball with a 3 year old? You gotta try it!)

I think all the driving I did last week really wore me out, it's early here, and I really just want to climb into bed (9:30ish). I think Kelly's baking...mmmm!

Cheers!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She plays in rain and chases rainbows.

What kind of medicine are you involved in at the Winkler hospital? Is it a mixed caseload, or is it "classified" information?

6:45 p.m., June 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a rainy Manitoba Monday,
And I like it that way....

Isn't that a song???? I'll have to google and see.
Miss you. When are you back?

11:52 a.m., June 14, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

darlin dear--chasing rainbows, looking for pots of gold...find any? I mentioned you on my blog today! Hugs!

12:54 p.m., June 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to tell you a secret. You have a typo. Secondary is spelled secondary. Not 2ndary. That just doesn't make sense. Twondary?

Have fun. Go to Gimli.

1:55 p.m., June 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... you want her to take a quest for a dwarf in a warrior car? Could be risky!

5:27 p.m., June 14, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

We shall see what we shall see

(That goes for a bunch of your comments!)

I hope to be back in Ontariario by the 29th

Not a dwarf, a viking.

12:35 a.m., June 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home