Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Slogans

So word around the van tonight was that Manitoba is getting a new slogan. Check it out (not verified) Spirited Energy . I'm not sure what that's really all about...but it did make me think about slogans of this wonderful country in which I live.
So, I rhymed off:
Canada's Ocean Playground (NS),
Je Me Souviens (QC),
Friendly Manitoba (MB),
Confederation Bridge (PEI) (though they're not all fond of that, from what I hear),
Yours to Discover (ON) (or the old one: Keep it Beautiful)
And ones I forgot/never knew: Wild Rose Country (AB),
Beautiful British Columbia (BC),
Land of the Living Skies (SK),
The Klondike (Yukon),
Explore Canada's Arctic (Nunavut and NWT),
A World of Difference (Newfoundland and Labrador),
Conservation (NB) (Older- Picture Province)

We were also looking for other slogans...Slogans are fun. I know that most if not all of the states have them too-- We saw North Dakota- Discover the Spirit (lots of spirit here out west I guess!)
What other fun slogans can you think of?
Walk in the Light (Brings me back to Edmonton in 1990.)
Good night (and yes, this posts in Ontario time, though I'm currently in Manitoba- which has had another fun slogan- 100,000 Lakes (of which I've seen a few!) )

6 Comments:

Blogger Effie said...

one of the M states is the Show-me state! Minnesota? Something like that...

8:16 a.m., June 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the ones in the states is "liberty or death". New Hampshire?

2:44 p.m., June 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missouri is the "show-me" state...

3:44 p.m., June 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having lot of fun!! That's great. Just to let you know, Minnestoa is the Land of 10 000 Lakes.

5:11 p.m., June 19, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

Good to see/hear your comments....

This blog was part of a carnival- and the carnival was the reason for the merry-go-round.

I have a few sites that I used to find those answers...though the first one would be useless to you now, as I gave you the answers!! Here are some links for you:
Quiz-Canadian
US States (please forgive any popups)
AND THE CARNIVAL!

12:09 a.m., June 20, 2006  
Blogger Naomi said...

New Hampshire- Live free or Die
Wyoming...a name by which I used to be called doesn't appear to have one...
Pennsylvania- you've got a friend in
and Utah- makes the claim of having the Greatest snow on earth.....

I'll blog again soon...must get ready to go now!

8:30 a.m., June 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home