Winding Down with Naomi

Hmm...what is this all about, really? It's me jotting down ideas about things that go on in my life, and some occassional pictures of things I've seen and done.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Taking the weekend off

That's right. No running. *yet*

I haven't decided what will happen tomorrow...wait a second, I haven't decided what I WANT to happen tomorrow...with traveling possibilities in and around the Ottawa area.

I also may yet today, play some games or garden, read, you know stuff like that, but this seems a BIG change in way of relaxation to the last couple of weekends.

I'm not trying to say it was stressful, visiting all sorts of fun people, but maybe driving 1400km one weekend and 1200 the next got to me. I have yet to "do up" the pictures. This means this will be a photo-free post.

Now, on to something completely different.

Yesterday while on my way to "work" I was walking and saw a friend. As I was in a hurry, so as not to be late, I wasn't able to stop and say hello, though I did wave. (Don't think he saw me, or did you A.C.?) Well. I made it to "work" on time, but things weren't ready to start happening, so I was shooed away for 10 minutes. I thought to myself: "perfect! now I can go and have a chat with A.C. if he's still there!". I walked quickly back the way I came. The seat was empty. I honestly felt my face fall, my body droop. I turned around and walked back again. Stopped at the cafeteria for "coffee". As I was leaving, I saw another friend I haven't seen or chatted with in a while. I perked up. He didn't see me. I sadly went on my way.

The day did perk up, however. It was a good morning and I had the afternoon off. Yup- it's looking like a WHOLE weekend of relaxing, not doing too much. I think I needed it.

Hugs to you all. I'm off to help with dinner...maybe play with some photos.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad days happen. Bad weeks happen. Still, God gives us grace to continue. Still our lives abound with blessings! Breathe, relax and know that you are not alone.

9:59 p.m., August 12, 2007  
Blogger Effie said...

I thought of you today--hugs!

slobbery katrina kisses too! watch out for teeth!

10:20 p.m., August 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home